Cablevision Systems

3.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in June 2014.

Applied online>>>contacted by hr department>>>>>asked to take assesment>>>>passed and was scheduled an interview>>>>>>two person interview (one with the manager and hr rep)

talk about what the job needs and hours.

just took interview waiting on decision.

Great place, great people, management know what they are looking for. Everyone i talked to were really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions. Will not know everything but they wanted to see your thought process and how you were able to the problem at hand. customer service skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

When i was hired I had to go through one interview, because I had a recommendation from an employee, and take a general knowledge test to make sure i could count and at least spell. From the moment I walked in there i was treated very kindly by syeeda (I believe that's how you spell her name) she is wonderful and really helped me calm down, because i was super nervous offered be coffee or water and what-not. The interview was very simple and straight forward. Once I found out I had the job I was sent to a temp agency for my probationary period( two months long in what they call nesting) and training ( training was one month long) after which they tell you if there going to keep you permanently or not.

Customer Service Representative Interview (Bronx) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2014.

The entire interview process was impersonal and computer based. The 45 minute “Assessment Test” was the interview. This was something that could had been accomplished from home with my personal log-in. I found the process pointless in times of hardship where time and energy is of equal value as money.

Interview Questions
    • No "verbal" questions were asked. It was computer-based. The Recruiter informed there might be a second interview. After not hearing anything I called back. The HR Rep clarified that “test results aren’t given out” and to “reapply in 90 days if we’re still hiring”. This makes the interview seem more like an empty role to keep their Recruiters employed.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Computer Testing, Personality Test, Typing, General Computer Knowledge and Call Center Simulation

Interview Questions
    • The Coding Aspect can be confusing this is the part where you have to take the most time   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in November 2012.

Applied online, took about 1 week to get an answer. I spoke with a male recruiter who told me everything about the position. I was very intrigued and put forth my best effort to get an in person interview.

Once I was called back for an interview, I met with the recruiter for about 45 minutes, and then met with the manager of the department. I received an offer later that day and went immediately for a drug test.

I've been here for about 9 months now and the pay is exactly as they described it, if not more. The benefits are great as well..

Interview Questions
    • What traits do you see best fitting for someone in the role of a retention specialist.   Answer Question

Inbound Retention Bronx NY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in September 2012.

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter in the hr department. He gave me great information about the position and was very informative about the salary/scheduling. I was given a few choices on interview scheduling and was then able to meet with him in his office. The interview very structured.. he explained the opportunities within the sales department.. about reps who are given fair opportunity and excellent compensation as long as they are willing to put forth great effort. I wish I was given a tour of the call center, but as far as far as the experience.. I was very impressed. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, but I look forward to more opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was: Explain to me your understanding of this position.. I wish I had done more research..   Answer Question

Residential Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2012.

If you are referred by employee is faster. At the interview they grind you to see if you give up early for rejections. Don't lose temper and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    They give you the base salary and commissions. There's no much room for negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2012.

Was called by a Recruiter and told to take an Assessment Test online. Was told I did great and received an email with the Benefits, Interview Questions, and video that should have helped me pass the actual interview. When I got to the location, I was put in a room with one other girl and we took similar assessment tests, as well as a Phone Test to test our Spanish skills. I passed all test, spoke with the Recruiting Manager again, and she then called down the Supervisor, who interviewed me. Mind you, they both said I did good in everything and then later explained the schedule to me and my benefits and asked me if I was ok with those hours. Everything seemed great and promising until the Supervisor came down and pulled me into an office. She asked me about 5 questions, then told me how to get to the elevator and that was it. I feel cheated.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Cablevision?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2012.

As long as your good with communicating with people and have patience and can pass their test your in

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2012.

I applied on line for the Telephone Sales Position. After applying, I immediately received an email from a recruiter about an open interview 2 days later. I attended the interview and brought my resume. When I arrived, there were two other people waiting in the lobby to be interviewed. After a few minutes of waiting, two recruiters came down and brought us upstairs. We were given applications to fill out and were asked to give them our resumes. After filling out the applications, I was called first. I interviewed with the recruiter and he liked me. He said he'd then send me to the manager to interview and coached me on the right things to say to the manager. I then went and interviewed with the manager. He then brought me to the director and since I am bilingual he asked me to answer one of his questions in Spanish. After the interview with the director was over he took me back to the manager. The manager brought me back upstairs and I was handed me a manila envelope. The receptionist told me I would be required to undergo a urine drug test within 24 hours and a background check. He also told me that I basically had got the job pending the drug test and background check. I went and got the drug test the same day. The next day the recruiter called me and extended an official offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of sales experience do you have? Have you worked under commission before?   Answer Question
    • What kind of characteristics should a sales person have?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Cablevision?   Answer Question
    • What are your likes and dislikes about Sales?   Answer Question
    The pay is 12.26 flat plus commission.