Cablevision Systems Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially applied through cablevision website. Contacted a few weeks later by phone. I took online examination then was scheduled for face to face interview. I met supervisor then next day I completed paperwork electronically by email. A week later she offered the position, I completed background paperwork and the urinalysis location was sent to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; they let you know hours and pay before the interview process

Other Interview Reviews for Cablevision Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

When i was hired I had to go through one interview, because I had a recommendation from an employee, and take a general knowledge test to make sure i could count and at least spell. From the moment I walked in there i was treated very kindly by syeeda (I believe that's how you spell her name) she is wonderful and really helped me calm down, because i was super nervous offered be coffee or water and what-not. The interview was very simple and straight forward. Once I found out I had the job I was sent to a temp agency for my probationary period( two months long in what they call nesting) and training ( training was one month long) after which they tell you if there going to keep you permanently or not.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Initially sent resume, had a phone interview and then a computer test and meeting with hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Computer Testing, Personality Test, Typing, General Computer Knowledge and Call Center Simulation

Interview Questions

• The Coding Aspect can be confusing this is the part where you have to take the most time   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Stratford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter then spoke to Cablevision directly. Interviewer was unfriendly and told me the salary was 3.00 per hour less than the recruiter told me and the hours were completely different so I told her I wanst interested. After my interview I told the recruiter I wasnt really interested. She kept sending emails ordering me to fill out my assessment for Cablevision. I ignored her and the assessment.

Interview Questions

• We require that you commit to work without taking any time off for 10 months. Can you commit to this??   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Melville, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Sent in my resume a few times. Hardest part was waiting for a response. HR finally called and gave me a brief phone interview. Then asked me to come in for testing. Took a simulated phone call test and then a 100 word written test on what good customer service is. HR rep called me in their office and asked some general questions but they didn't seem to interested in my answers, they were already prepared to ask me back for a 2nd interview. Week later I went in to meet with a supervisor, again general questions. HR rep walked in and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• At the end of every phone call we give our customers the opportunity to leave feed back on their experience. Do you have a problem with that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.. the pay is the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Was called by a Recruiter and told to take an Assessment Test online. Was told I did great and received an email with the Benefits, Interview Questions, and video that should have helped me pass the actual interview. When I got to the location, I was put in a room with one other girl and we took similar assessment tests, as well as a Phone Test to test our Spanish skills. I passed all test, spoke with the Recruiting Manager again, and she then called down the Supervisor, who interviewed me. Mind you, they both said I did good in everything and then later explained the schedule to me and my benefits and asked me if I was ok with those hours. Everything seemed great and promising until the Supervisor came down and pulled me into an office. She asked me about 5 questions, then told me how to get to the elevator and that was it. I feel cheated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cablevision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

As long as your good with communicating with people and have patience and can pass their test your in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Melville, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, received an email to call and scheudle a phone interview. Next step after phone interview was to go in and take some tests approx 2 hours and if you pass have a 1-1 interview. Next step was to meet with a Customer Service Supervisor or Manager. Was offered the position pending a background check and drug test which I passed. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you could not assist a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.