Cablevision Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.7

Lead Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Started as a consultant, then directly hired as employee. Met with HR talent sourced, then had a formal interview with manager. When hired as a consultant a phone screen was first followed by an person interview. Multiple people interviewed me and asked technical questions followed by questions about my experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Contact Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Smooth Sailing! My experience was by far the most pleasant and easy process I've experienced. Syeedah was so helpful and kept me updated every step of the way. I met with the manager,director and VP who allowed my to ask as many questions as I wanted and were very informative. I can't wait to start working with them all.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult customer you had and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Very easy interview. Asked basic personal questions about myself and what I was going to school for. They told me what my tasks would be and what work I would be doing as an intern.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

10 minute hello and out the door and it was that easy couple of managers came by said hello and that was pretty much it they were all shooting BS in the air and what a great company CB is

Interview Questions

Negotiation

firm offer no room to negotiate

Advanced Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Melville, NY).

Interview

There were two brief skills assessments that basically gauge how well you can use a PC and how well you handle various customer interactions. After that was a 20 minute, in person interview. It was typical stuff, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. They took almost 2 weeks to contact me after my initial application, but once I had the actual interview, the offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was very upset with their bill?   1 Answer

Linux Server Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Hicksville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was able to get me the interview. It took a week. HR person meets you first and goes on about not technical questions for at least half hour.

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

For my first step, spoke to the recruiter who asked me to meet him at the main office. We arrange an interview day/time. When I arrived I sat down with him and went over my entire resume. He told me about the hours and the job description/typical day at the call center. He briefly told me what the salary would be like and commission. After 20-30 minutes with him, I met with a supervisor. I am usually very good with people and can tell when someone isn't in a good mood. This particular supervisor seemed he wasn't having a good day. He asked me if I was who he was suppose to interview. Shook my hand and avoided any eye contact. We sat down at a Confrence room and sat far away from me. He asked me general questions, describe a stressful situation and how did you handle it. He asks me why I should be hire, when other internal employees had applied to this job, and what kind of retention experience I had. He never really made any eye contact with me and just kept writing notes. That was another 20-30 minutes as well. After him I spoke to the same recruiter and had asked.me to come the next day to speak to the manager. So I did. She was straightforward and asked me what I knew about the company, told her what I knew, what kind of call center experience did I have, and would I be comfortable in that type of enviorment. This was the shortest interview I had. After me and her were done, I went back to the same recruiter again who said my offer was contingent on my drug test and background check. I took the offer. The interview experience was fair.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired opposed to someone internally?   1 Answer

Residential Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

watch out for a good cop bad cop type of routine. They also try to offer you another position to see how bad you want this position. you might also be asked to sell something just lying around in the room like a pen or water bottle. just do not quit and let them know how bad you want this position.

Interview Questions

• sell me this water bottle.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

The first round interview contains two parts, each one 30 mins to talk with two of their VPs, all behavior based. The interviewers were quite nice and introduced me a lot about their new modeling team and their business. The conversations were quite pleasant I thought. But I did not have any further chance for the second round. They informed me maybe just 5 hours after the interview. Many of other candidates failed too. I think they pay great attention to your technical skills and whether you have relevant experience in modeling.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, your project experience, why do you choose our company.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

back to back easy 30 minutes the interviewer are tired, they have been interviewing from morning to night, so when it comes to you , you better be able to wake them up

Interview Questions

• easy behavioral question like hard situation , your weakness   Answer Question