Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cablevision Systems
- Customer Service Representative (27)
- Field Service Technician (8)
- Data Analyst (6)
- Residential Account Executive (5)
- Technical Support Representative Tier II (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Retention Specialist (4)
- Manager (4)
- Intern (3)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Account Executive (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Lead Systems Engineer (2)
- Inbound Sales Representative (2)
- Direct Sales Representative (2)
- Commercial Account Executive (2)
- Supervisor (2)
- Tech Support (2)
- Advanced Support Representative (2)
- Inside Plant (1)
- Inbound Retention Bronx NY (1)
- Cablevision Residential Sales (1)
- Team Leader Technical Support (1)
- Field Service Technicianl (1)
- Systems Design and Survey (1)
- Supervisor/Project Manager (1)
- Customer Service Representative Interview (Bronx) (1)
- MIT Web Designer (1)
- Linux Server Support (1)
- Cash Management Supervisor (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.
I applied for the Field Service Technician job through the Cablevision website. The next day I was contacted by an HR recruiter. She went over the requirements of the job and asked me a few questions concerning my job history. At the end of the interview we set up a time when I would meet the supervisors of my area. The in-person interview went smooth. I didn't know what questions to expect but I came prepared to answer the best way I could. There were two supervisors who took turns asking questions. The interview was more behavioral then personality based. At the end of the in-person interview I asked three strong questions. I feel that is what got me an offer on the spot. Seven more candidates were to be interviewed after me but I was led in to the HR manager's office and I was told I had an offer. Currently waiting for the next training class.
- Why should I hire you? (Any variant of this questions can be asked) Why do you want to work for Cablevision? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Tell me a time.... When you had to address an unsafe situation. When you took care of an issue before being told to do it. When you had to correct a coworker at work. (A coworker was not pulling his share of the work) When you had to use teamwork to get the job done. When you had a conflict with your boss. When you went above and beyond for the customer. What would you do if you, I asked you to take on one more job at the end of your shift. 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.
Just some very basic questions about what that company do. And after I answered this question, she told me more about the affairs of this company. It's the interview before a technical one. The technical interview may be conducted in January next year. In all, the whole interview process is very relaxing, you only need to know what this company works on.
- Do you know what we do? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Long Is City, NY) in September 2015.
Meet with HR representative in a phone screen interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes or so. I Will get 2nd interview, but it will take 2 weeks or so to be schedule. The questions were standard and it was a pleasant atmosphere.
- Why are you looking to leave your current job Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Started as a consultant, then directly hired as employee. Met with HR talent sourced, then had a formal interview with manager. When hired as a consultant a phone screen was first followed by an person interview. Multiple people interviewed me and asked technical questions followed by questions about my experience and background.
- What is the main reason you want to work for the company? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Shelton, CT) in July 2015.
Was contacted after submitting my resume and cover letter. After a lengthy phone interview had a personal interview scheduled. The recruiter emailed an hour later and rescheduled the interview a half hour earlier. Arrived at the personal interview and waited 45 minutes in the employee lounge. Interviewed briefly in person with the recruiter and was told she wanted me to interview with the hiring manager that day. The hiring manager was terrific, told me about the position, was more interested in the type of individual you were. I was told the second interviews would be scheduled in 1 1/2 weeks. A month and a half later was contacted by a second recruiter who told me she was assigned to expedite the process. After an hour long phone interview an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager's manager. This was cancelled and rescheduled a week later. This interview was conducted by him and a random report of his and consisted of numerous questions being asked by one or the another so that they could "look into your eyes" while you were answering. I sincerely hope the acquiring company teaches hiring managers like this how to behave professionally.
- Have you ever had to make a morally ambiguous decision? What did you do? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).
Smooth Sailing! My experience was by far the most pleasant and easy process I've experienced. Syeedah was so helpful and kept me updated every step of the way. I met with the manager,director and VP who allowed my to ask as many questions as I wanted and were very informative. I can't wait to start working with them all.
- Describe the most difficult customer you had and how you resolved it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems.
Very easy interview. Asked basic personal questions about myself and what I was going to school for. They told me what my tasks would be and what work I would be doing as an intern.
- Tell Me a little about yourself Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).
10 minute hello and out the door and it was that easy couple of managers came by said hello and that was pretty much it they were all shooting BS in the air and what a great company CB is
- Nothing just that you must ethical Answer Question
firm offer no room to negotiate
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Melville, NY).
There were two brief skills assessments that basically gauge how well you can use a PC and how well you handle various customer interactions. After that was a 20 minute, in person interview. It was typical stuff, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. They took almost 2 weeks to contact me after my initial application, but once I had the actual interview, the offered me the position on the spot.
- How would you handle a customer who was very upset with their bill? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2015.
The interview processes vary depending on the position and who you will be interviewing with. Every manager does an interview differently, some will give you excellent feedback if you don't get the job and some wont even tell you if you got it or not before you find out through the grape fine who did get it.
- They ask the typical interview questions Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review