Cablevision Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Newark, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in August 2014.

Interview Details – Initially applied through cablevision website. Contacted a few weeks later by phone. I took online examination then was scheduled for face to face interview. I met supervisor then next day I completed paperwork electronically by email.
A week later she offered the position, I completed background paperwork and the urinalysis location was sent to me.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; they let you know hours and pay before the interview process

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician
Bethpage, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is simple you need to be honest about you cable knowledge if you know nothing tell them. They will train you from the basics up. There is a drug test after interview (urine).
They get back to you within 5 days with the results and let you know if they accepted you. They will then give you the dte of the next training class which ranges from 1 week to 2 months away

Interview Question – There are no technical questions but they do ask about how you would handle yourself with a disgruntled customer in there home to fix the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating on starting salary

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Senior Database Administrator
Bethpage, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2013.

Interview Details – they asked for phone initially and then face to face but later asked for a direct face to face interview. They asked about past experiences and asked how i would resolve current issues that they are experiencing. Its a group interview with 5 project managers and 2 team members from engineering department. Some technical questions were asked as well.

Interview Question – Nothing much all are basic bout past experience and their current environment. How i deal with   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Direct Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – I would say to is quite difficult to get into this company. I entered via a referral and usually referrals are the only way people are hired. company has lots of open houses advertised via word of mouth through current employees. You might want to flaunt your ability to build rapport a bit with your interviewer. That should do the job if you have qualified experience.

Interview Question – Asked to pitch the product on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position on the spot

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Sales Operations Analyst
Piscataway, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – It was a very long process it took over 6 months to get hired. I wish that they would speed up the process so they may get more people in faster. Overall, the questions were simple and not too difficult. I would just research the company first before going on an interview.

Interview Question – What is the most negative aspect of yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple and easy

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – Interview started with a reach out through LinkedIn, followed by contacts with a talent rep. Very pleasant experience, seems like a great place to work. Friendly staff and seems like they foster an entrepreneurial work environment. The interview went well. It consisted of 2 face to face interviews with a director and their approach was pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult about the interview. Pretty straight forward questions about resume and job experience   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – applied through university career service and got the interview. Just General behavior questions, like why do you interested in data? What did you do in your previous project? Can I use regression model ? What do I know about SAS or some statistical software..........

Interview Question – No difficult question I think, just very normal.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online>>>contacted by hr department>>>>>asked to take assesment>>>>passed and was scheduled an interview>>>>>>two person interview (one with the manager and hr rep)

talk about what the job needs and hours.

just took interview waiting on decision.

Great place, great people, management know what they are looking for. Everyone i talked to were really nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Some technical questions. Will not know everything but they wanted to see your thought process and how you were able to the problem at hand. customer service skills   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – The interview process was long. The HR department takes their time, but don't be distressed. This help give me time to thing through the process and prepare myself. Everyone was very knowledgable

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or hard questions. They asked the pertinent questions to the job. If you are interviewing out of your league you will need to study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They met what i was looking for. It was easy

Supervisor/Project Manager Interview

Supervisor/Project Manager
New Suffolk, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – All company information is available to the interviewer, so most questions relate to a 'what would you do if' or ' how would you handle'. I have always been confident in presentation due to honesty and knowing my own qualifications. Understanding the position is (hopefully) a long commitment, so you want an environment that is not only challenging but secure in knowing that your work is noticed and the position is satisfying.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate or are you available for weekly flexible shifts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Way low salary offer. Accepting the fact that a new salary won't always be met by having a previous 20+ year career at a prior company and position but a competitive offer or an open discussion should be made.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!