Cablevision Systems

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Direct Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – I would say to is quite difficult to get into this company. I entered via a referral and usually referrals are the only way people are hired. company has lots of open houses advertised via word of mouth through current employees. You might want to flaunt your ability to build rapport a bit with your interviewer. That should do the job if you have qualified experience.

Interview Question – Asked to pitch the product on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position on the spot

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Sales Operations Analyst
Piscataway, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – It was a very long process it took over 6 months to get hired. I wish that they would speed up the process so they may get more people in faster. Overall, the questions were simple and not too difficult. I would just research the company first before going on an interview.

Interview Question – What is the most negative aspect of yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple and easy

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – Interview started with a reach out through LinkedIn, followed by contacts with a talent rep. Very pleasant experience, seems like a great place to work. Friendly staff and seems like they foster an entrepreneurial work environment. The interview went well. It consisted of 2 face to face interviews with a director and their approach was pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult about the interview. Pretty straight forward questions about resume and job experience   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – applied through university career service and got the interview. Just General behavior questions, like why do you interested in data? What did you do in your previous project? Can I use regression model ? What do I know about SAS or some statistical software..........

Interview Question – No difficult question I think, just very normal.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online>>>contacted by hr department>>>>>asked to take assesment>>>>passed and was scheduled an interview>>>>>>two person interview (one with the manager and hr rep)

talk about what the job needs and hours.

just took interview waiting on decision.

Great place, great people, management know what they are looking for. Everyone i talked to were really nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Some technical questions. Will not know everything but they wanted to see your thought process and how you were able to the problem at hand. customer service skills   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – The interview process was long. The HR department takes their time, but don't be distressed. This help give me time to thing through the process and prepare myself. Everyone was very knowledgable

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or hard questions. They asked the pertinent questions to the job. If you are interviewing out of your league you will need to study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They met what i was looking for. It was easy

Supervisor/Project Manager Interview

Supervisor/Project Manager
New Suffolk, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – All company information is available to the interviewer, so most questions relate to a 'what would you do if' or ' how would you handle'. I have always been confident in presentation due to honesty and knowing my own qualifications. Understanding the position is (hopefully) a long commitment, so you want an environment that is not only challenging but secure in knowing that your work is noticed and the position is satisfying.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate or are you available for weekly flexible shifts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Way low salary offer. Accepting the fact that a new salary won't always be met by having a previous 20+ year career at a prior company and position but a competitive offer or an open discussion should be made.

Very Easy Interview

EVP Interview

EVP
New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in July 2012.

Interview Details – Autocratic culture, mercurial. There were internal relationships that extended beyond professional work experience. Company was represented as supportive, but it became obvious that managers were not encouraged to use best professional judgment.

Interview Question – Would you consider bringing clients to Knicks games who were fans of opposition?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Funding for division pulled after Hurrican Sandy hit NYC.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Tier II Interview

Technical Support Representative Tier II
Jericho, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in September 2011.

Interview Details – Easy, just know basic computer functions, anyone can pass there interview. Just be on time and look professional. The people that interview you dont know much either, they just know cablevision things. Someone who barely uses a computer can pass this interview

Interview Question – None, basic computer functions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – When i was hired I had to go through one interview, because I had a recommendation from an employee, and take a general knowledge test to make sure i could count and at least spell. From the moment I walked in there i was treated very kindly by syeeda (I believe that's how you spell her name) she is wonderful and really helped me calm down, because i was super nervous offered be coffee or water and what-not. The interview was very simple and straight forward. Once I found out I had the job I was sent to a temp agency for my probationary period( two months long in what they call nesting) and training ( training was one month long) after which they tell you if there going to keep you permanently or not.

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself being with company?   Answer Question

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!