Cablevision Systems

Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview (Bronx) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2014.

The entire interview process was impersonal and computer based. The 45 minute “Assessment Test” was the interview. This was something that could had been accomplished from home with my personal log-in. I found the process pointless in times of hardship where time and energy is of equal value as money.

Interview Questions
    • No "verbal" questions were asked. It was computer-based. The Recruiter informed there might be a second interview. After not hearing anything I called back. The HR Rep clarified that “test results aren’t given out” and to “reapply in 90 days if we’re still hiring”. This makes the interview seem more like an empty role to keep their Recruiters employed.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Computer Testing, Personality Test, Typing, General Computer Knowledge and Call Center Simulation

Interview Questions
    • The Coding Aspect can be confusing this is the part where you have to take the most time   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2013.

Initial communication was great. I sat with the manager and answered some basic networking questions followed by scenario questions. A couple of days later i was interviewed by the Director with additional networking questions and further scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in this room?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate additional percentage to be added to my salary offer based on the fact that the position was for overnight hours.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2013.

they asked for phone initially and then face to face but later asked for a direct face to face interview. They asked about past experiences and asked how i would resolve current issues that they are experiencing. Its a group interview with 5 project managers and 2 team members from engineering department. Some technical questions were asked as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much all are basic bout past experience and their current environment. How i deal with   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

There were 2 interviews. One with the hiring manager and one with her supervisor. There were questions about the process I had used in the past, and questions about how I would learn the technology for the group. Also how I would handle difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you will be able to learn this technology?   Answer Question

Had a better offer.

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Met 6 people all in one day, mostly for 30 minutes at a time, all asked the same questions.

They gave me everything I asked for.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in March 2013.

First step was a phone interview, the HR person you work with will explain the job and ask you initial questions about your work experience and how you could fit into the position. Next step was an unexpected panel interview of about 5-6 sales managers all asking questions about your sales techniques, work ethic, and willingness to close sales.

Interview Questions
    • Sales Managers will tell you if you do not perform above standards you will be let go in 6 months, you will be asked how you feel about that.   Answer Question

The people who interviewed me were incredibly rude and seemed to undermine my work ethic, intelligence, and past experience. Before they even began the formal interview questions, one of the Sales Managers asked me if I lied on my resume about my current position, needless to say I was offended. I cannot see myself working with managers who do not believe in their employees from the start, they informed me of how they are always discussing the fact that their current employees are not fully qualified.

Technical Support Representative Tier II Interview

Great at first but if your trying to advance the interview process goes off of your interview alone not how you actually perform your job

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase

Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

I emailed my resume to human resources and was contacted for an interview less than two weeks later. The recruiter ask me few questions such as why I wanted a new job. She went on to tell me about the position, base pay, and the work hours.

She emailed me a formal application and an online assessment. I was contacted about a week later to come into the office to take some tests on the computer which included a different on the job scenario test and writing sample. You have to pass the first test to be able to take the second test. Both test can be done in less than an hour and half.

After completing the tests I was given an interview date with the recruiter. I interviewed with the recruiter and than interviewed with a supervisor. Both interviews consisted of similar questions.

A majority of the questions where scenario based or describe a time when.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of your weaknesses and how are working to improve it.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. The recruiter tells you a base pay employees receive in that position. On the application it asks you expected salary. I put a little more than the base pay and received more than what I asked for.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

easy interview asked questions about how would you walk a customer through an issue with there cablebox