Cablevision Systems Interview Questions

2.7

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tinton Falls, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2014.

Interview was fairly easy. Alot of basic questions like what can you do for us, name a time you have been independent, name a time you were left in charge when your supervisor was not around etc. Questions were geared towards determining overall customer service and how independant you can be when servicing customers. Ask questions regarding the position and show you are interested. Researchthe company as well having general knowledge shows the panel that you are genuinely interested in benifiting the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions for this position. All questions were from a generic list.   Answer Question

Team Leader Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2010.

4 Rounds, HR, Technical, Technical, Technical & Final HR

Interview Questions
    I was offered what I asked!

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2010.

Very slow. Need to get there act together

Interview Questions
    • What would be the first thing you would change on day 1?   View Answer
    Got a little more than the position was offered at originally.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Initially sent resume, had a phone interview and then a computer test and meeting with hr

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hicksville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2013.

Initial communication was great. I sat with the manager and answered some basic networking questions followed by scenario questions. A couple of days later i was interviewed by the Director with additional networking questions and further scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in this room?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate additional percentage to be added to my salary offer based on the fact that the position was for overnight hours.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

I was introduced to Cablevision through a Headhunter. Although I was initially not very excited about the position, I was very impressed with the background, experience and leadership of the hiring manager and my interest level in the position changed.

Customer Service Representative Interview (Bronx) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2014.

The entire interview process was impersonal and computer based. The 45 minute “Assessment Test” was the interview. This was something that could had been accomplished from home with my personal log-in. I found the process pointless in times of hardship where time and energy is of equal value as money.

Interview Questions
    • No "verbal" questions were asked. It was computer-based. The Recruiter informed there might be a second interview. After not hearing anything I called back. The HR Rep clarified that “test results aren’t given out” and to “reapply in 90 days if we’re still hiring”. This makes the interview seem more like an empty role to keep their Recruiters employed.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2010.

multiple interviews spanning months. met with team members, directors and vp

Interview Questions
    • why would i want to be a project manager after running a PMO group   Answer Question
    there was little negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Computer Testing, Personality Test, Typing, General Computer Knowledge and Call Center Simulation

Interview Questions
    • The Coding Aspect can be confusing this is the part where you have to take the most time   Answer Question