Cablevision Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Hicksville, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was great. I sat with the manager and answered some basic networking questions followed by scenario questions. A couple of days later i was interviewed by the Director with additional networking questions and further scenario questions.

Interview Question – How many tennis balls can you fit in this room?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate additional percentage to be added to my salary offer based on the fact that the position was for overnight hours.

Director Interview

Director
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – I was introduced to Cablevision through a Headhunter. Although I was initially not very excited about the position, I was very impressed with the background, experience and leadership of the hiring manager and my interest level in the position changed.

Customer Service Representative Interview (Bronx) Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview (Bronx)
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2014.

Interview Details – The entire interview process was impersonal and computer based. The 45 minute “Assessment Test” was the interview. This was something that could had been accomplished from home with my personal log-in. I found the process pointless in times of hardship where time and energy is of equal value as money.

Interview Question – No "verbal" questions were asked. It was computer-based. The Recruiter informed there might be a second interview. After not hearing anything I called back. The HR Rep clarified that “test results aren’t given out” and to “reapply in 90 days if we’re still hiring”. This makes the interview seem more like an empty role to keep their Recruiters employed.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – multiple interviews spanning months. met with team members, directors and vp

Interview Question – why would i want to be a project manager after running a PMO group   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was little negotiation

Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question

Bronx, NY

Interview Details – Computer Testing, Personality Test, Typing, General Computer Knowledge and Call Center Simulation

Interview Question – The Coding Aspect can be confusing this is the part where you have to take the most time   Answer Question

Bronx, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was invited to an in-person interview with the HR manager after passing their online skills assessment with flying colors the day before.

Interview Question – There was no interview. I failed their pre-interview, on-site personality assessment by 20 points (so the assistant said) and didn't even get to meet with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Bronx, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – standard interview questions. Its all about the test they have you take during the interview. If you pass it you're in to the 3 week paid training class.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You are hired as temp through an agency until your 3 months of probation are up then you're offered a permanent position and give a 3 dollar raise.

Very Difficult Interview

Residential Account Executive Interview

Residential Account Executive
Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details – If you are referred by employee is faster. At the interview they grind you to see if you give up early for rejections. Don't lose temper and be prepared.

Interview Question – Why You want to do this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you the base salary and commissions. There's no much room for negotiations.

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Commercial Account Executive
Piscataway, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – I interview for the Commercial Account Executive position

Interview Question – The interview was conducted by a panel of 3 Sales Managers in their Piscataway office.
This was the most unprofessional interview i have ever been a part of, the managers were arrogant, rude, used foul language. amazing how these Sales Managers can represent a company in such a bad light.... Be prepared for silly questions about your previous jobs..
The Interview is more like a cross examination by a shady lawyer with an "ill fitting suit.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – not a company i choose to work for... low pay