Cablevision Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview Details – easy interview asked questions about how would you walk a customer through an issue with there cablebox

Interview Question – how would you talk an angry cusomer down   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume a few times. Hardest part was waiting for a response. HR finally called and gave me a brief phone interview. Then asked me to come in for testing. Took a simulated phone call test and then a 100 word written test on what good customer service is. HR rep called me in their office and asked some general questions but they didn't seem to interested in my answers, they were already prepared to ask me back for a 2nd interview. Week later I went in to meet with a supervisor, again general questions. HR rep walked in and offered me the position.

Interview Question – At the end of every phone call we give our customers the opportunity to leave feed back on their experience. Do you have a problem with that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.. the pay is the pay.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bethpage, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – Contract position in Call Center Information Systems (CCIS) . Gven a vote of confidence & to wait for "VP" to meet and greet, NEVER HAPPENED. Agency attempted occasions to contact for information, days and weeks went by with no reply. I was given emails for contact from CCIS Team and still not reply given, Waste of time and efforts.

Interview Question – Nothing was well prepared for position and challenges.   Answer Question

Residential Account Executive Interview

Residential Account Executive
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from HR recruiter. Was interviewed by sales manager and went through drug tests and background checks. After a week I received a call from Human Resource offering ma the job

Interview Question – Why do you want to do sales, given the fact that this is your first sales job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Take or leave it.

Cablevision Residential Sales Interview

Hauppauge, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by one of their recruiters for a preliminary interview and he was very detailed with his information which was great. The one thing that did worry me a bit was that he stressed that it was very much an "old boys club" so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Now the fun part, the interview! I arrived promptly 15 minutes early only to be seen 30 minutes after my interview time and waited in a cafeteria with no acknowledgement that they knew I was there or to let me know they were running late. I was then ushered into a back room with about 6 men who were "sales management". Not a woman in sight so I thought that might be the extent of the "boys club" but not so much. I was asked to tell them about myself...was not asked the types of questions that I was told were standard and was told over and over how bad the job was and did not hear one good thing about the company or the job. The most disgusting thing was when we discussed that I would be going to residential homes. They had to the nerve to ask if my husband would be OK with it. They the proceeded to tell me that he shouldn't feel any more comfortable with it just because they company gave a list of addresses to go to. As far as I know my husbands opinion of whether or not I should consider a job is irrelevant. Perhaps they should have interviewed him for the job as he would have the "equipment" they apparently needed. I left the interview not sure whether to laugh or call the Department of Labor. I called my husband and told him that the only thing I was lacking for the job was a male appendage apparently. We had a good laugh and I told him I don't think I was quite able to hide my disgust for the sexist way the interview had gone and probably would not be getting an offer LOL. I should have prefaced this by saying that I have never gone on a job interview that I didn't get an offer and that I have always been over 100% of quota on every single job I have ever had. I would have taken great pleasure to work here as I have no doubt I would have outsold every single one of them as I personally would have never bought water in a drought from any of them.

Interview Question – Would your husband be ok with you working here and going to residences?   Answer Question

Inbound Retention Bronx NY Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from a recruiter in the hr department. He gave me great information about the position and was very informative about the salary/scheduling. I was given a few choices on interview scheduling and was then able to meet with him in his office. The interview very structured.. he explained the opportunities within the sales department.. about reps who are given fair opportunity and excellent compensation as long as they are willing to put forth great effort. I wish I was given a tour of the call center, but as far as far as the experience.. I was very impressed. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, but I look forward to more opportunities.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was: Explain to me your understanding of this position.. I wish I had done more research..   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Tier II Interview

Technical Support Representative Tier II
Jericho, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – I recieved a phone call about a week ago from a recruiter in regards to a technical support representative position at cablevision. She briefly detailed the position itself and expectations. After a few technical questions over the phone (phone interview) she sent me an assesment and employment application to complete. After successfully passing the assesment she called me in for an interview. I met with her and the Floor supervisor and got to see the work area itself. The floor supervisor asked me a few technical questions and scenarios as well. After that i was told to wait briefly and was called back into her office and spoke on an offer! great experience!!

Interview Question – How to handle a customer that continues to test your technical knowledge   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Retention Specialist
Piscataway, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in October 2008.

Interview Details – An employee referred me to the job. After about a week, i got a call from some hr representative of the company asking me to come in for an interview the following week. i went in for the interview and met with the supervisor that askec me a few questions in regards to sales and my experience. Afterwards i met with the manager and had a brief interview and was offered me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me something you know about the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Bronx, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was called by a Recruiter and told to take an Assessment Test online. Was told I did great and received an email with the Benefits, Interview Questions, and video that should have helped me pass the actual interview. When I got to the location, I was put in a room with one other girl and we took similar assessment tests, as well as a Phone Test to test our Spanish skills. I passed all test, spoke with the Recruiting Manager again, and she then called down the Supervisor, who interviewed me. Mind you, they both said I did good in everything and then later explained the schedule to me and my benefits and asked me if I was ok with those hours. Everything seemed great and promising until the Supervisor came down and pulled me into an office. She asked me about 5 questions, then told me how to get to the elevator and that was it. I feel cheated.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Cablevision?   View Answer

Residential Account Executive Interview

Oakland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was with HR rep and reviewed sales experience, explained the job is a basically a "door to door" salesman.Explained the different tiers needed to obtain bonus. Max pay can be a staggering $118,000.
Panel interview with 5 sales managers. Behavioral Interview questions and Role playing.
Then meet branch manager and speak with HR.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Base salary is now $25,000. There are tiers you can hit to gain bonus. After 6 months increase to $40,000.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cablevision Systems