Cablevision Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I got a phone screen first and talked for 15 minutes, and then after one week, I got another phone call ask me to go to the office for another one. The office interview last almost an hour but overall it was easy and the interviewer was nice. The overall experience was good

Interview Questions

• Just talk about yourself and why you are interested in this position.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Process was about a week and half once I received a call. I applied and got a call probably 1.5-2 months later. 3 Part interview, nothing of a real challenge. Met with the Manager twice , and then the Area Director. Got a call after 2 days of the interview with the Direct and was offered the position. Very straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, or unexpected just be prepared with scenarios...proudest moment in sales, overcoming a unique objection, what attributes to to your success, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-neg

Supervisor/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Suffolk, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems (New Suffolk, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

All company information is available to the interviewer, so most questions relate to a 'what would you do if' or ' how would you handle'. I have always been confident in presentation due to honesty and knowing my own qualifications. Understanding the position is (hopefully) a long commitment, so you want an environment that is not only challenging but secure in knowing that your work is noticed and the position is satisfying.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate or are you available for weekly flexible shifts.   Answer Question

Way low salary offer. Accepting the fact that a new salary won't always be met by having a previous 20+ year career at a prior company and position but a competitive offer or an open discussion should be made.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

In the earlier days you only interviewed with your immediate supervisor/manager.

Negotiation

Earlier days we did not have to go through the process as of today.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Interview

Initially sent resume, had a phone interview and then a computer test and meeting with hr

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was introduced to Cablevision through a Headhunter. Although I was initially not very excited about the position, I was very impressed with the background, experience and leadership of the hiring manager and my interest level in the position changed.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Tinton Falls, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. Alot of basic questions like what can you do for us, name a time you have been independent, name a time you were left in charge when your supervisor was not around etc. Questions were geared towards determining overall customer service and how independant you can be when servicing customers. Ask questions regarding the position and show you are interested. Researchthe company as well having general knowledge shows the panel that you are genuinely interested in benifiting the company.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions for this position. All questions were from a generic list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was impersonal and computer based. The 45 minute “Assessment Test” was the interview. This was something that could had been accomplished from home with my personal log-in. I found the process pointless in times of hardship where time and energy is of equal value as money.

Interview Questions

• No "verbal" questions were asked. It was computer-based. The Recruiter informed there might be a second interview. After not hearing anything I called back. The HR Rep clarified that “test results aren’t given out” and to “reapply in 90 days if we’re still hiring”. This makes the interview seem more like an empty role to keep their Recruiters employed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Computer Testing, Personality Test, Typing, General Computer Knowledge and Call Center Simulation

Interview Questions

• The Coding Aspect can be confusing this is the part where you have to take the most time   Answer Question