Cablevision Systems Interview Questions in New York City, NY

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in August 2014.

Initially applied through cablevision website. Contacted a few weeks later by phone. I took online examination then was scheduled for face to face interview. I met supervisor then next day I completed paperwork electronically by email.
    A week later she offered the position, I completed background paperwork and the urinalysis location was sent to me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; they let you know hours and pay before the interview process

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethpage, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2010.

The interview process is simple you need to be honest about you cable knowledge if you know nothing tell them. They will train you from the basics up. There is a drug test after interview (urine).
    They get back to you within 5 days with the results and let you know if they accepted you. They will then give you the dte of the next training class which ranges from 1 week to 2 months away

Interview Questions
    • There are no technical questions but they do ask about how you would handle yourself with a disgruntled customer in there home to fix the situation.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating on starting salary

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethpage, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2013.

they asked for phone initially and then face to face but later asked for a direct face to face interview. They asked about past experiences and asked how i would resolve current issues that they are experiencing. Its a group interview with 5 project managers and 2 team members from engineering department. Some technical questions were asked as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much all are basic bout past experience and their current environment. How i deal with   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

It was a very long process it took over 6 months to get hired. I wish that they would speed up the process so they may get more people in faster. Overall, the questions were simple and not too difficult. I would just research the company first before going on an interview.

Very simple and easy

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in June 2014.

Applied online>>>contacted by hr department>>>>>asked to take assesment>>>>passed and was scheduled an interview>>>>>>two person interview (one with the manager and hr rep)

talk about what the job needs and hours.

just took interview waiting on decision.

Great place, great people, management know what they are looking for. Everyone i talked to were really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions. Will not know everything but they wanted to see your thought process and how you were able to the problem at hand. customer service skills   Answer Question

Supervisor/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Suffolk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Suffolk, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2014.

All company information is available to the interviewer, so most questions relate to a 'what would you do if' or ' how would you handle'. I have always been confident in presentation due to honesty and knowing my own qualifications. Understanding the position is (hopefully) a long commitment, so you want an environment that is not only challenging but secure in knowing that your work is noticed and the position is satisfying.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to relocate or are you available for weekly flexible shifts.   Answer Question

Way low salary offer. Accepting the fact that a new salary won't always be met by having a previous 20+ year career at a prior company and position but a competitive offer or an open discussion should be made.

EVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in July 2012.

Autocratic culture, mercurial. There were internal relationships that extended beyond professional work experience. Company was represented as supportive, but it became obvious that managers were not encouraged to use best professional judgment.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider bringing clients to Knicks games who were fans of opposition?   View Answer
    Funding for division pulled after Hurrican Sandy hit NYC.

Technical Support Representative Tier II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jericho, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in September 2011.

Easy, just know basic computer functions, anyone can pass there interview. Just be on time and look professional. The people that interview you dont know much either, they just know cablevision things. Someone who barely uses a computer can pass this interview

Not much negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cablevision Systems.

When i was hired I had to go through one interview, because I had a recommendation from an employee, and take a general knowledge test to make sure i could count and at least spell. From the moment I walked in there i was treated very kindly by syeeda (I believe that's how you spell her name) she is wonderful and really helped me calm down, because i was super nervous offered be coffee or water and what-not. The interview was very simple and straight forward. Once I found out I had the job I was sent to a temp agency for my probationary period( two months long in what they call nesting) and training ( training was one month long) after which they tell you if there going to keep you permanently or not.

Advanced Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cablevision Systems in March 2010.

Got a Job Interview through a Job Agency (Manpower) back in 2007. Came in for Interview and took Assessment test and finally a Drug Test (They'll have you go to a 3rd party Drug Testing lab like LabCorp)

Interview Questions
    • Just basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. More like a Take it or leave it situation.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!