Cablevision Systems

Updated Aug 19, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems in August 2014.

Initially applied through cablevision website. Contacted a few weeks later by phone. I took online examination then was scheduled for face to face interview. I met supervisor then next day I completed paperwork electronically by email.
    A week later she offered the position, I completed background paperwork and the urinalysis location was sent to me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; they let you know hours and pay before the interview process

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

I was contacted almost immediately after I applied. We scheduled a day for 1 interview (she said there'd be two) and a test. I came in that day. I don't remember if I did the test or interview first but they were both easy. She just basically gave me a quick run down of what the job description was. I advised her I was positive that I could do it. The recruiter was really sweet and nice. She doesn't work there anymore. After the first interview and test I was told that there was a supervisor available and I could do my second interview at that time if I wanted to. I did. The second interview was pretty quick but more detail questions? (Ex: What would you do if..) type of questions. The interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, it was so long ago. Sorry :(   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2010.

Employee referral is the key , first the HR person takes your interview and try to demotivate you as much as possible by telling you are you comfortable with going to strangers' homes and being abused and then if you have some motivation left she will send you to a supervisor who takes formal interview ,check your sales skills, your personality and endurance , then they move you to the other supervisor pretty much same thing. at the end if they like you the manager will interview you, and if he is satisfied with your skills he will offer you the position or tell you that they will call you.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if a customer tells you some one from your company was here last week or month?   Answer Question
    • How will you keep your self motivated out there in the field in winter when no one opens the door for you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation , they used to start you with 40k base salary, which they now changed to initially 25 k and if you hit your required quota for the month for 6 months you get paid up to 40k.