Cabot

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cabot.

Interview Details – Met with several people over the course of a morning. Mostly fit-related questions. Interest in undergrad research experience. Particular emphasis on problem-solving. The interviewers were quite pleasant and laid back. One set of interviewers were peers, or other research associates. 2 PhD Scientists including the hiring manager also interviewed. HR was the last interviewer. Very collegial attitude.

Interview Question – Mostly fit questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but was denied.

Corporate Treasury Analyst Interview

Corporate Treasury Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabot.

Interview Details – Phone Screening and then 4 On-Site Interviews. Never heard back after interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Software Analyst
Billerica, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cabot in September 2012.

Interview Details – Intervire process had 3 steps:

1) Phone screening - very basic to make sure I have the required tech skills.
2) F2F interview at the site in Billerica I interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 other people in the team. Each of them asked me questions in different areas:
- top level software design
- programming and technical skills
- relational database design
3) I was selected for a final interview with the director of IT. No technical questions. Just going over my backgroud experience and ensure I was a good personality match.

The interview process took forever. I didn't think I would get the job, but after about 2 weeks after I interviewed with the IT director they called me to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions - No surprises.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Franklin, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabot in August 2011.

Interview Details – Location of job was not accurate

Interview Question – Previous project Experience   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cabot in July 2011.

Interview Details – It was good technical interview.

Interview Questions

Senior Product Line Engineer Interview

Senior Product Line Engineer
Haverhill, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cabot in February 2010.

Interview Details – Seven different people over 6 1/2 hours never received a response. Passed a telephone screen that lasted 45 minutes. Wrote follow-up emails to every person that I spoke with and never got any response at all !! How rude?? Culture seemed excessively anal - 6Sigma, Lean are excellent tools - they went way overboard - saplers and printers were 5s'ed on manager's desks with outline drawn on desk for stapler, printer, etc...locations.

Interview Question – How does your experience fit in this role?   Answer Question

Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

Manager, Strategic Planning

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cabot in April 2010.

Interview Details – HR got back to me immediately, and set up phone interview with hiring manager for later in the week. Interview was very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cabot? Contribute to the Community!