Cabot

Cabot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

Scientist Interview

Interview began with a phone interview with HR and the direct supervisor, followed by an onsite interview where I delivered a presentation of my prior work and capabilities followed by interview with employees.

Interview Questions
    • It was unexpected to have my former employees work mocked and questioned.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The only option was to take the offer or not.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cabot.

I applied through my University website. Received an email regarding a phone interview from HR. Email said, _____ would be contacting me within a week. No call, I waited a week and sent her an email. No reply... Two weeks later, I called her office in Houston and left her a voicemail. She didn't call me back. I tried the initial human resources gentleman who sent me the email instructing me I would be interviewed, no reply to an email or voicemail. I didn't care so much because I received an offer from another company. A few weeks later I received an email from Cabot asking me to take a survey about their interview! I couldn't believe this. So I reported them to my University career center in hopes they won't be invited to post on there anymore.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cabot.

Met with several people over the course of a morning. Mostly fit-related questions. Interest in undergrad research experience. Particular emphasis on problem-solving. The interviewers were quite pleasant and laid back. One set of interviewers were peers, or other research associates/Sr. RAs. At least a couple PhD Scientists including the hiring manager also interviewed. HR was the last interviewer. Collegial atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    Attempted to negotiate, but was denied.

Corporate Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cabot.

Phone Screening and then 4 On-Site Interviews. Never heard back after interviews.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cabot in September 2012.

Intervire process had 3 steps:

1) Phone screening - very basic to make sure I have the required tech skills.
    2) F2F interview at the site in Billerica I interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 other people in the team. Each of them asked me questions in different areas:
    - top level software design
    - programming and technical skills
    - relational database design
    3) I was selected for a final interview with the director of IT. No technical questions. Just going over my backgroud experience and ensure I was a good personality match.

The interview process took forever. I didn't think I would get the job, but after about 2 weeks after I interviewed with the IT director they called me to make me an offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cabot in August 2011.

Location of job was not accurate

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cabot in July 2011.

It was good technical interview.

Senior Product Line Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cabot in February 2010.

Seven different people over 6 1/2 hours never received a response. Passed a telephone screen that lasted 45 minutes. Wrote follow-up emails to every person that I spoke with and never got any response at all !! How rude?? Culture seemed excessively anal - 6Sigma, Lean are excellent tools - they went way overboard - saplers and printers were 5s'ed on manager's desks with outline drawn on desk for stapler, printer, etc...locations.

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cabot in January 2010.

Many behavioral skill type questions. Focused on support of their in place safety first culture. Be prepared to discuss how you would handle union employee issues - specifically conflict issues. Whole process only took about 3 weeks to complete - they needed the position filled as soon as possible. You will interview with all levels of management - supervisors, HR, managers and possibly some engineering folks

Interview Questions
    • Everyone breaks rules from time to time - tell us about a time when you broke a rule?   View Answer
    Initial offer was generous.

Manager, Strategic Planning Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cabot in April 2010.

HR got back to me immediately, and set up phone interview with hiring manager for later in the week. Interview was very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the first thing you would do as strategy manager?   View Answer
    • Why are you switching industries?   Answer Question