Caché

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caché.

Interview Details – Basic interviews with both Store Manager and District Manager. They are very big in clienteling so be prepared to answer questions on how to get customers to open up to you and your selling suggestions

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary is asked, do your research and prepare   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Caché in March 2011.

Interview Details – This is a commission-based environment, so every question that I was asked focused on how well I could sell and how those sales were tracked. I've worked in retail for about nine years, but only one year of my experience was based on commission. To the hiring manager, none of my other retail experience was relevant, except that single commission-based year. Sales are tracked in ten different categories. You are expected to ask EVERY customer to open a Cache account, and the hiring manager admitted that they are very difficult to get customers to open. Dress code is head to toe Cache, with the exception of black. So, if you don't have a lot of black or Cache apparel in your wardrobe, except to spend most of your paycheck on clothing. The two people that I had contact with were very pleasant. Overall, it was an okay interview experience; I just didn't have enough commission-based selling experience.

Interview Question – What is your selling technique?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Caché in April 2010.

Interview Details – They look to see what you are wearing, the condition of the clothes, brand, style, ect. This is in the fashion industry. They also pay close attention to your hair, makeup and accessories. First one on one interview was with store mgr, very casual, sat outside on a mall bench. 2nd was with dist mgr. Very detailed. Both were over an hour long. No drug test, No back round check. They checked references, then called me same day as 2nd interview and offered the job. Came in to fill out paperwork and read training and they did not pay me for those 2 hours. Also every new employee is to pick an outfit to try on, and gets their picture taken and sent to corp with the paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was able to get 1.00 more than normal for this position. Normal for Part time Sales Rep is 8.00, Assistant Manager is 12.00, Co- Manager is 16.00, Store Manager is Salary(No idea)

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Caché in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was great , I loved the SM right away we clicked ! I enjoyed speaking to the DM on the telephone and knew right away that this was going to be a great fit !

Interview Question – What did you learn at your current place of employement that has tought you the most ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stood firm and they allowed me to make what I needed to take the position .

Worked for Caché? Contribute to the Community!