Caché

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

THREE DIFFERENT MANAGERS. The first manager asked typical interview questions. The second one really provided information about the job. The third manager was the district manager and she asked typical interview questions. But, by the time you were interviewed by the third manager, you were pretty much in. She just wanted to get to know you.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

The company mainly performs job interviews for sales associate. Simple and straightforward, Cache interviews are usually conducted in a one-on-one format, typically with store managers or district managers. Although fairly rare, some applicants may be called back for group interviews, orientation programs, and even undergo probationary periods prior to official hiring.

Co Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caché.

Interview process very easy,relaxed,personal yet professional. Must know sales numbers,proven sales record,loss prevention % and be an excellent recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult really. If you have retail management experience it will be a easy interview for sure. One typical question is how do you promote and achieve sales goals.   View Answer
    not very flexible . This company does not pay nearly what you would think it would . They mislead all associates buy making it sound like the commission will make up the difference in low hrly pay..false and not very ethical.

Full-time Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caché.

First off, the District Manager called me to tell me that she wanted to meet with me but did not tell me where (this was a couple of days before the scheduled interview date). The day of the interview arrives. I arrive to the city where I was supposed to be interviewing with no clue as to where exactly I would be meeting the manager. She finally calls 20 minutes before the interview to tell me to meet her at a restaurant. I arrive at the restaurant and she begins to babble....and I mean BABBLE -- telling me how unorganized and unprepared she is and that the store needs to be fully staffed within the next 2 weeks and that I was her FIRST interview!!! She proceeded to tell me that the management positions needed to be filled in 2 days but that she did not have many prospects for either of the new store's positions. The position was projected to be seasonal (summer through November) because of the location which meant no definite, long term job status . She refused to discuss salary with me but proceeded to tell me that the dress code was limited to JUST Cache clothing which, she stated, were quite "pricey". How do you expect employees of an NSO to be able to purchase your pricey products before the store opens? I'm sure that I will receive an offer but will gladly decline. This entire interview was a joke to me and really scarred my perspective of Cache entirely.

Interview Questions

I will decline this offer because of seasonal employment, lack of organization, and lack of professionalism from the District Manager that I interviewed with.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caché in July 2008.

Talk of fashion and Money

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caché in April 2010.

They look to see what you are wearing, the condition of the clothes, brand, style, ect. This is in the fashion industry. They also pay close attention to your hair, makeup and accessories. First one on one interview was with store mgr, very casual, sat outside on a mall bench. 2nd was with dist mgr. Very detailed. Both were over an hour long. No drug test, No back round check. They checked references, then called me same day as 2nd interview and offered the job. Came in to fill out paperwork and read training and they did not pay me for those 2 hours. Also every new employee is to pick an outfit to try on, and gets their picture taken and sent to corp with the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Was able to get 1.00 more than normal for this position. Normal for Part time Sales Rep is 8.00, Assistant Manager is 12.00, Co- Manager is 16.00, Store Manager is Salary(No idea)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caché in April 2010.

I interviewed with the store manager for sales in 06 and she was straight to the point, blunt, and direct and I loved it. We worked well together and even though she left the company a long time ago we remain friends. I've had promotion interviews which were more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you've encountered at a previous workplace and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate my sales associate pay. When I got promoted to co manager the acting AZ DM underpaid me but when my DM came back I got my raise

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caché.

Basic interviews with both Store Manager and District Manager. They are very big in clienteling so be prepared to answer questions on how to get customers to open up to you and your selling suggestions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary is asked, do your research and prepare   Answer Question

Sakes Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Caché in May 2011.

Interview with store manager and with district manager before hiring. They prefer experience in sales before hiring, but I had none. They hired me anyway and it turned out I am a top producer in sales.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation phase.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caché in March 2011.

This is a commission-based environment, so every question that I was asked focused on how well I could sell and how those sales were tracked. I've worked in retail for about nine years, but only one year of my experience was based on commission. To the hiring manager, none of my other retail experience was relevant, except that single commission-based year. Sales are tracked in ten different categories. You are expected to ask EVERY customer to open a Cache account, and the hiring manager admitted that they are very difficult to get customers to open. Dress code is head to toe Cache, with the exception of black. So, if you don't have a lot of black or Cache apparel in your wardrobe, except to spend most of your paycheck on clothing. The two people that I had contact with were very pleasant. Overall, it was an okay interview experience; I just didn't have enough commission-based selling experience.