Cache Creek Casino

Candidate Interview Review

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooks, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cache Creek Casino in February 2012.

The Hr Called and asked me to come in for a interview. She asked if I didn't mind driving all the way to Brooks Ca from Sacramento. I don't because I needed a job. So I said No I didn't care. She set me up with a interview and said I needed to pass a skills test and if I passed I would get a interview. The test wa 100 questions four sections. The first section was a personality test yes or no questions. I scored the lowest on this section because I didn't want to look like I was easily influenced and easily distracted but they said they just want to know if your going to be friendly. Which I am but the test said I wasn't. The next Section was seneros about costumer service. I was just honest about good costumer service. The next Section was vocabulary test. They gave a sentence and asked what each word meant. Kind of hard because they are words you use to use when you were in high school but don't use anymore. Then the dreaded math section. Here is a question I think I got wrong. There is two race cars one goes around the track at 2 mins, the other goes around the track at 1 1\2 mins. How long till race car number 1 pases race car number 2? a. 3 1\2 mins b. 6 mins c. 8 mins. I'm not sure the answer but I said a. The test is graded 1 - 10 and I asked what I had to have to pass the test and the manager said I needed a 5 - 10 to get the interview and I got a 8. I had to wait 45 mins for the assistant manager but she came and we walked to a restarant to have the interview. While we were walking she asked a lot of questions about my personal transpertaion and if I had worked out how much gas it was going to take me to get to work. I had so we had a good talk back and forth about my transortation. So figure out all that before you go. I was just friendly and talked very honest. The questions were mostly about what I missed on the test and they are huge about costumer service. What is a good experence and outcome of situation with a costumer and What is a bad? and how you handled the situation. When you talk about the good add a customer that you got to know and a name of some one. Say they always asked for you to service them when they returned to your old work. Make sure you say there name even if you have to make up one. Like Lucy was her name and she alway asked for me after that. When you talk about the bad make sure you say that you tried everything and go threw the steps and then you asked your supervisor to come into the situation. The assistant manager said if she likes you then she goes and get the head manager. She leaves and then the manager comes over and asks the same questions. I used the same answers as the ones I gave the assistant. She did say that she would have hired me on the spot but she had a interview for the same position in the moning so she had the assistant come back over and get my number again and she said she would call me on Friday. So now its Thursday and I am waiting for a call. We will see if I get the job. I hope that helps everyone.

Interview Questions
    • test question
      Sam recieved $1500 he gave his daugter 1/3 after that he put 2/5 in savings. He donated the rest how much did he donate?

View Answer
    No negotiation the pay starts at 11.25 but they said that there is four levels and each time you learn a new level its a .50 raise. There is tips. They are put on your check each week. The assistant said its not that much just enough for half of your gas each week.