Cactus Club Cafe

Updated Sep 17, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cactus Club Cafe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cactus Club Cafe.

When I went to Cactus Club to drop off my resume, I was handed an application form. I was told I could either fill it out and come back or grab a seat at the bar. While I filled out the application at the bar everyone was very kind and offered me a glass of water. When I was finished filling out the application a manager came over to talk to me. He looked over my resume and application, asking a few questions about my customer service experience. He asked if I had a moment to meet with one other manager, which I did, he was also very pleasant. I left feeling positive about the process. I received a call about an hour after leaving to come back in to meet the GM the next day. The GM was very friendly and offered me the job right away!

Interview Questions
    • all of the questions were pretty standard, regarding customer service history, my own expectations at a restaurant and how I work with others.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was happy with the hourly rate.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cactus Club Cafe in July 2013.

Applied online at eightsix hiring site, and got a call back the next day. Went to the interview, got interviewed by Assistant manager first, then the GM.
    Questions asked:
    - tell me about yourself
    -what will be your biggest challenge working here
    -why do you want to work here
    - whats your impression of cactus club
    -what are two of your strengths

Interview Questions
    • Probing questions about interests( wanted to know why, who , what & where of my hobbies and interests( for example why are you in the social work program? would you leave that job for this one?)   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cactus Club Cafe.

You get an application which you fill out then they interview you

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cactus Club Cafe in January 2013.

interview with a sous chef (head sous), asked basic questions on availability and wage. Fill out a form on previous work experience and availability and all your personal basic information.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cactus Club Cafe in July 2012.

Young gentleman interviewed because manager was not in.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to describe yourself as an animal, which animal would you be and why?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses that will help and hinder you with this job?   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cactus Club Cafe in June 2010.

always make sure you dress the part and make sure you don't apply during peak times like 11:00-2:00pm and any time after 4:00pm. it is best to come in afternoon time during the week, don't apply during weekends the GM will not be there and Friday is just too busy. make sure when you do come in you allow a lot of time for your interview as you may meet with more than one manager. Dress stylishly speak confidently and show your sense of humour if you have one. Big Personalities and engaging people are who they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What type of person do you find it difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cactus Club Cafe in April 2008.

I interviewed downtown for the opening of the Bentall Cactus Club, to be opened in June. I met with 2 managers. There was a quick behavioral and general questions period, then we went inside for a cup of coffee where I was asked a few more personal questions. We negotiated the hours a bit and they offered the job.