Cactus Communications

Very Difficult Interview

Freelance Editor Interview

Freelance Editor
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cactus Communications in May 2013.

Interview Details – First, I submitted a brief application online.

2 days later, they sent me a link to a more detailed online application form along with an attached editing exercise, a page of text that was full of errors - I was supposed to edit all that text and send it back as an attachment.

2 days after submitting the completed editing exercise, they sent an email acknowledging that they'd received it and that they'd reply "within a few days."

13 days later (that's what they meant by "within a few days") they finally replied and said that I did not get the job and that they were not going to provide any feedback.

The whole process took 17 days.

Associate Editor Interview

Associate Editor
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cactus Communications in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied for a full time position via linkedin with my resume' and gave the online english language test on the company website. After being shortlisted, I was emailed 2 editing tests, which I had to submit the very next day. After they were satisfied with the results of my editing tests I was selected for an interview.
   The selection process was a mix of editing test and interviews. I was given feedback on my editing exercises that I had sent to them prior to the interview date.This feedback was very helpful to understand what was expected of me. I was given another editing test of about 500 words , after completing the test. I had to fill a personality questionnaire. When I cleared this editing test I had 3 interviews -one with the HR, second with the Managing editor and last with the Team head. This whole process of editing test and interviews took about 6-7 hours.
I got an offer after on the third day after my interview.

Interview Question – How will you handle your current role intuitively if I do not give you any KRA'S ie key responsibility areas?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary expectations not met

Worked for Cactus Communications? Contribute to the Community!