Cadence Design Systems Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

3.2

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Initial 2 hour phone interview when the manager was convinced and short listed me for an on-site.
The on site interview was for 7 rounds one hour each.
Was interviewed by the entire team one by one.
Had to use a white board to sketch and explain concepts. Mostly revolved around my projects and also certain fundamental concepts were tested.

Interview Questions
  • Covered entire Digital VLSI and RTL2GDSII flow, pseudo-codes, Power optimization, Physical Design, Timing Analysis, Perl, antenna effect.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2010.

A short Phone Interview with manager, followed by on site interview. The people at cadence are very nice and professional. It was a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2009.

We had talked about my resume, and the work I had done previously with my former company. The interviewer went into details of the Cadence tool for which the AE would be responsible for if he were to get the job. In the end, they found other interviewees with more experience with that particular Cadence Tool.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some of the common errors you come across while using the cadence tool   View Answer

Application Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2011.

Unscheduled telephone call: I was not expecting the call and was in the middle of another project. The interview started by asking a technical question about systemverilog - write code in your head - image the design. ---- I refuse to recite coding standards. Actually, I refer to book and the internet if I cannot remember a systemverilog rule - duh!

Interview Questions
    • Design an OVM interface for --- using systemverilog?   View Answer