Cadence Design Systems

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2010.

Interview Details – A short Phone Interview with manager, followed by on site interview. The people at cadence are very nice and professional. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2009.

Interview Details – We had talked about my resume, and the work I had done previously with my former company. The interviewer went into details of the Cadence tool for which the AE would be responsible for if he were to get the job. In the end, they found other interviewees with more experience with that particular Cadence Tool.

Interview Question – Describe some of the common errors you come across while using the cadence tool   View Answer

Application Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – Unscheduled telephone call: I was not expecting the call and was in the middle of another project. The interview started by asking a technical question about systemverilog - write code in your head - image the design. ---- I refuse to recite coding standards. Actually, I refer to book and the internet if I cannot remember a systemverilog rule - duh!

Interview Question – Design an OVM interface for --- using systemverilog?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadence Design Systems

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cadence Design Systems Videos

Cadence Design Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cadence is an exciting place to work! Our customers design the most advanced electronic products in the world, for the most challenging markets, using powerful software and hardware tools from Cadence. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cadence Design Systems Application Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cadence Design Systems employees and interview candidates.