Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a great experience in the interview process - it was comfortable, open, and the flow of the questions and feel were very welcoming and topical. In addition, my interviewer, now manager, spent time explaining the position and what exactly the duties and responsibilities would be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience in creating and facilitating a variety of workshops and presentations; additionally, we discussed my comfort level in creating a variety of curricula and implementation.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied, a recruiter called and set up an in person screening with the hiring manager. We talked for about an hour and the manager said it will get back to me. A month later, no reply, my emails to each of them went to the black hole. I don't know how they made it to the top 100 companies.

IT Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail first so prior to the actual interview. My potential manager and I agreed on a day to have a phone interview. My interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked to talk a little bit about myself and then we moved onto the interview questions. We spoke about my major and the experience I had with IT and working with websites, proofreading, copyediting, and creating articles.

Interview Questions

• "What experience do you have with ediitng and making videos?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got referred by a previous employee and got a phone interview by hiring manager directly. After that, I was asked to give two reference letter. And onsite interview with 3 guys within the team ans gladly got the oral offer within two days. The HR called me a few days after that to send me the package.

Interview Questions

• Mainly talked about resume and what did I do. Programming questions are simple algorithm and data structure like Tree, KD-Tree.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by five people on first visit, one person on second visit and then, on my third round of interviews at company headquarters, my day began with a breakfast interview at 7:00 AM and my last interview ended at dinner at approximately 8:00 PM. During the day, aside from the breakfast and dinner interviews, each interview lasted 30 minutes. I lost count of how many people I met that day. By the time they offered me the job, I had invested so much time interviewing with the company, I just couldn't justify turning it down. Dumb me; by the end of my second week with the company, I discovered that they had either withheld information, misrepresented facts, or lied about five different things. Had I only known.... 21 months later I was gone. Most political company I've ever worked for.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when...."   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There are four interview sessions, each takes 1 to 1-1/2 hours. For the technical interview, you were given a set of prepared questions and coding example to do. Interview and screening with the Hiring Manager (1 - 1) Interview with Product Engineering team (2 interviewers, panel format) Interview with team members/local (2 interviewers, panel). Interview with team members (overseas, panel format)

Interview Questions

• Fit and commitment to the position. Details technical questions related to the positions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

short phone interview with simple questions on resume like how much do you know about PERL, verilog etc. confirmed for onsite interview immediately onsite : 3 rounds 1st 45 min didn't involve any questions, just discussion about position 2nd 1 hr heavily on PERL and my experience in scripting 3rd 1.5 hrs on verilog, FSM, basic SystemVerilog and discussion about position 2nd and 3rd round were mostly coding on white board. The hiring manager was really nice. Although I could not get an offer, he was extremely helpful and offered me feedback about my interview and we are still in touch.

Interview Questions

• draw FSM for 4 bit counter with load, reset write verilog code for it perl regex questions   Answer Question

Lead Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. There were 5 rounds. The whole process took 1.5 months before I received the offer letter. 2. The interview is to make sure how good you fit into the role, not to test if you know something or not. 3. The hiring manager was very prompt in following-up and sending updates of the process, in case if you are one of the potential candidates under consideration for offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Role play scenario between customer-vendor to resolve a case request posed 2. Technical interests and the experience 3. Technical questions - Verilog, System Verilog, UVM 4. Questions specific to the technical side of the role you are interviewed for 5. Hiring manager interview to understand your ability to fit into the role   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Initial 2 hour phone interview when the manager was convinced and short listed me for an on-site. The on site interview was for 7 rounds one hour each. Was interviewed by the entire team one by one. Had to use a white board to sketch and explain concepts. Mostly revolved around my projects and also certain fundamental concepts were tested.

Interview Questions

• Covered entire Digital VLSI and RTL2GDSII flow, pseudo-codes, Power optimization, Physical Design, Timing Analysis, Perl, antenna effect.   Answer Question

Principal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Process took about 2 weeks. Had initial phone screen and was asked to visit Austin Office for face to face interview. Had 3 rounds of interview with verification and design team.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around my DDR controller verification effort and my previous project.   Answer Question