Cadence Design Systems

Average Difficulty
69 candidate interviews

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – Was not offered a position after first interview due to no experience with Cadence tools. Found another job using Cadence tools and after a year I was hired. The interview was with the hiring manager and just one other engineer. Some very tough questions regarding my design experience and knowledge of the tools. They were very professional and the culture seemed like a great fit.

Interview Question – I was asked specific questions regarding PCB layout including how to handle differential pairs, constraints, multi-level highly complex PCBs.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through other source and interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – Took intern before full-time job.
Show your passion and will be working hard.

Interview Question – Data structure problems. Good introduction to your past project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Design/Verification Engineer Interview

Design/Verification Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – campus, + on site

Interview Question – design a FSM based on a given bus protocol   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

Interview Details – phone interview with a senior manager..was briefed on some of the technologies that CDS is working on. Later was asked some brief tech questions from circuit design, logic design fundamentals

Interview Question – why does one use a header and not a footer for power gating   View Answer

Senior Product Validation Engineer Interview

Senior Product Validation Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by 5 people and it was through video conferencing. Main questions were related to system verilog.

Interview Question – It was okay.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Interview Question – Op amp questions.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details – HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Interview Question – what do you want to do in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details – very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Interview Question – weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

IC Design

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details – Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!