Cadence Design Systems

69 candidate interviews

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Analog Design Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – There were three rounds-one aptitude test rounds, one technical interview and one HR interview.
The aptitude test required the students to solve questions on electronics and circuit theory. The questions were not MCQs. A sheet was provided where the students had to write down the answers. Rough sheets were provided which had to be attached with the answer script. The questions were on op-amps, signals and systems, MOSFETs and circuit theory. There were questions on A/D converters and DSP as well(hardly 2 or 3). The duration was 2 hours. 10students were shortlisted.
The interview round lasted for more than 2 hours(for people who were not selected, it lasted for shorter periods of time). The questions were based on questions asked in the aptitude test albeit, more difficult and required a greater clarity in concepts about feedback, Laplace transforms, RC circuits and Fourier transform. But the interviewer was helpful and was giving hints when I got stuck and was able to solve them.
The HR round was more on why I wanted this job etc.

Interview Question – It was a question on response of op-amp to a particular type of input. I don't remember exactly   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Question – Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2010.

Interview Details – Search in Trie data structure, some array qs, searching & sorting, puzzles - bridge crossing, Puzzle - probability based. Lot of C++ questions in details as I was interviewed for C++ developer position.

Interview Question – Puzzle - probability based   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was arrogant and rude. No negotiation.

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2010.

Interview Details – hiring process with just geography phone call, one on one, technical round, and some skill testing, Overall it was a nice experience with the interview and a memorable experience one as compared with previous experiences

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2011.

Interview Details – It consists of 3 rounds - 2 technical and 1 HR. Technical was of average difficulty. Mainly asked about OOPS concept. Asked simple interview questions + some problem solving questions.
Second technical was by manager. Asked basic questions and told the overview of product. Overall, it was a good experience.
HR round was also simple. Discussed about "why do you want to leave".... Also, discussed about salary part.

Interview Question – All questions were average.   Answer Question

Staff Solutions Engineer Interview

Staff Solutions Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had very good experience with whole process. It was communicated properly and done on time. They had telephonic, then face2face and then HR interview. Hiring Manager was easy going and supportive.

Interview Question – One puzzle   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

IC Design

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details – Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Senior Verification Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
General resume questions
OVM/UVM basic questions
How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Interview Question – nothing specific   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Interview Question – Nothing much, what do you hope to get from the job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadence Design Systems

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cadence Design Systems Videos

Cadence Design Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cadence is an exciting place to work! Our customers design the most advanced electronic products in the world, for the most challenging markets, using powerful software and hardware tools from Cadence. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cadence Design Systems interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cadence Design Systems employees and interview candidates.