Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2015.

Interview

I had an offer from Cadence few years ago which I turned down, then, for personal and career development reasons. The circumstances changed since then. Contacted by interested manager through familiar recruiter. Lunch with said manager, followed by a formal interview with hiring manager and senior architects. Normal, old-school previous experience and technical ability interview. No "solve me a puzzle" nonsense for the experienced with good known references, even though I was prepared (get a good book and be prepared!). Don't know how recent graduates are interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Previous projects: describe, technical details, talk about challenges and solutions, both technical and personnel.   Answer Question

Associate Education Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

- Think of it as a conversation, not an intimidating interview - Know yourself and your previous experiences inside and out - Maintain eye contact - Be prepared to discuss how you overcame difficulties in previous roles - Be prepared to answer situational questions - if XYZ happened, what would you do? etc. - If you had an issue with your manager in XYZ situation, what would you do? etc.

Interview Questions

• If you could play any position on a baseball team, which would it be and why?   1 Answer

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had phone interviews followed by on-site. On-site I had 8 rounds of technical interviews. Questions from every step in the back-end design flow: floorplanning, placement, cts,STA, SI, physical verification and some scripting questions

EDA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got referred and was interviewed by a manager. We talked mainly about my resume and some questions in my area. The interview was short compared to other ones. It took about 1 hour and half. As I need a work visa, I need to contact this manager next year.

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and Interviewed by knowledgeable guys who are best in what they are doing. HR team did a great job from scheduling interview till the final offer.

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewers asked easy questions. There was nothing too difficult or complicated with the questions.. The interviewers were not trying to trick you. The process went fairly quickly. The interviewers made the interview very comfortable and it went very well. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating because it was difficult to get an interview with all the concerned parties.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via company's website. Within a few days, I got an email to confirm on my interest of the job. After the first email, there were a few technical questions asked related to the position at interest via email as well. The phone interview was set very quickly afterwards. The phone interview asked a lot more technical questions and overall work experience.

Senior Principal Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied, recruiter contacted me. Then, talked with Hiring mgr over the phone and he found I'm in local in Bay Area. We decided to meet in person instead of talking over the phone. I visited HQ, met and had a interview by Hiring mgr. Different day, I had technical interview by 4 people. Then, next was the interview by group VP and HR. The total process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Specific technical questions regarding chip design, technique, industrial standard methodology for advanced technology.   1 Answer

Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral, so I was originally contacted via e-mail which then led to a short ~20 minute discussion / interview with some follow up communication. The overall process was easy and short.

Interview Questions

• general discussion about prior experience and education   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview for about half hour. (asked about; Linked list, Graphs, Design Patterns) Then was called on site, where I went through 5 technical interviews and one with the team manager.

Interview Questions

• bash shell, c (string library), data structures (array, linked lists, trees, graphs), c++ (vectors, constructors and destructors, inheritance, polymorphism, copy constructor, assignment operator), debugging (gdb), coding basics (theoretical knowledge on various topics; viz. stack and queue)   Answer Question