Cadence Design Systems

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Some questions on general EDA principals, your experiences on resume etc.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer
    Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Automation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2013.

- phone interview
    - 3hrs of face-to-face interview with 5 people
    - communication via email
    - job offer
    (All of my interviewers were very friendly)

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers made me lead the entire interview.   Answer Question