Cadence Design Systems

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Interview Question – Where is it safe to use Latch instead of FF?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was over 10+ years ago. It was very quick, approximately two weeks.

Interview Question – All questions were typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy, approximately two days.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Senior Embedded Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the hiring manager

Interview Question – What you see yourself in 5 years, do you want to move up to the manager position.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too low

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details – very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Interview Question – weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Question – An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details – HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Interview Question – what do you want to do in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Chelmsford, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1 Telephonic round. Questions mainly on resume. Related to spice simulation and virtuoso software. Some basic skills and about the project i was working on.
Interview depends on type of position. For intern position, it is not hard and mostly single telephonic round. Know your resume very well. Cheers!!

Interview Question – it was easy as they had an immediate requirement.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Interview Question – Op amp questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Negotiation Details – Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadence Design Systems