Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Updated Jul 5, 2014

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2010.

3 phone interviews
    Onsite interview with 6 person
    Very tough interview process
    Grilled properly!

No Negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2009.

Hiring was over 10+ years ago. It was very quick, approximately two weeks.

Interview Questions
    Very easy, approximately two days.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2012.

Phone interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What you see yourself in 5 years, do you want to move up to the manager position.   View Answer

Too low

Software Engineering Intern Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer
    Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2012.

1 Telephonic round. Questions mainly on resume. Related to spice simulation and virtuoso software. Some basic skills and about the project i was working on.
    Interview depends on type of position. For intern position, it is not hard and mostly single telephonic round. Know your resume very well. Cheers!!

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.