Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

IC Design Interview

Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Excellent experience interviewing. Expectations were laid out clearly, and negotiations went quickly. Meeting staff and soon-to-be-coworkers was a pleasant and very informative process. Actually, my experience was exceptionally smooth because I worked for this man in a previous job 10 years ago, and he was ready to bring me in. That was behind a lot of it, plus the work I'd done to prepare and having had three interviews already that year with the company. Lots of groundwork laid, but in the end it wasn't all my doing.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? I know, that's typically not what you'd expect, but for me, that was it. Like I said, they were ready to bring me in. They already knew me. Learning new material now on the job is tougher than any 'question' in the interview.   View Answer
    Quick and to the point. I had an offer verbally in two business days, and one 'in writing' (by email) in 5 busines days.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
    General resume questions
    OVM/UVM basic questions
    How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
    MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Some questions on general EDA principals, your experiences on resume etc.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer
    Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.