Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

3.1

Staff Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I met the hiring manager over coffee to discuss job requirements and my qualifications. This was followed up with an onsite interview which consisted of a mix of in person and phone interviews. The interview ranged from mobile processor architecture, device physics, and a lot of exploration of my soft skills. The recruiting process was smooth and the interview process was set up with no problems.

Interview Questions

• The deepest quesion I got was regarding the impact of crosstalk at the device level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I provided the recruiter with my prior comp information and my desired comp range. They responded with a very competitive and detailed offer which highlighter comp across salary, bonus, and benefits.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in October 2014.

Interview

Applied this position by contacting recruiter directly. Got phone interview by hiring manager immediately. It went through really well, just screening the resume and a few technical questions. Since I was the first one being interviewed, I have waited a month till they screened other candidates. Hiring manager called me again and confirmed that I was picked for onsite. I totally met 4 people for te onstie interview, 3 of them are like screening and technical discussions, the rest one is like technical Q&A. Got oral offer 3 days after onsite, but official offer took a month to arrive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

IC Design Interview

Interview

Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Excellent experience interviewing. Expectations were laid out clearly, and negotiations went quickly. Meeting staff and soon-to-be-coworkers was a pleasant and very informative process. Actually, my experience was exceptionally smooth because I worked for this man in a previous job 10 years ago, and he was ready to bring me in. That was behind a lot of it, plus the work I'd done to prepare and having had three interviews already that year with the company. Lots of groundwork laid, but in the end it wasn't all my doing.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? I know, that's typically not what you'd expect, but for me, that was it. Like I said, they were ready to bring me in. They already knew me. Learning new material now on the job is tougher than any 'question' in the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and to the point. I had an offer verbally in two business days, and one 'in writing' (by email) in 5 busines days.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
    General resume questions
    OVM/UVM basic questions
    How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
    MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

Some questions on general EDA principals, your experiences on resume etc.

Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.