Cadence Design Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Question – An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cadence Design Systems Videos

Cadence Design Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cadence is an exciting place to work! Our customers design the most advanced electronic products in the world, for the most challenging markets, using powerful software and hardware tools from Cadence. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cadence Design Systems interview questions and advice in Pittsburgh, PA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cadence Design Systems employees and interview candidates.