Cadence Design Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Question – Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Senior Verification Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
General resume questions
OVM/UVM basic questions
How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Interview Question – nothing specific   Answer Question

Automation Intern Interview

Automation Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Question – Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Interview Question – Where is it safe to use Latch instead of FF?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was over 10+ years ago. It was very quick, approximately two weeks.

Interview Question – All questions were typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy, approximately two days.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Senior Embedded Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the hiring manager

Interview Question – What you see yourself in 5 years, do you want to move up to the manager position.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too low

Very Easy Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Negotiation Details – Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Asked a lot of domain knowledge.

Interview Question – Questions are not hard.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadence Design Systems

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!