Cadence Design Systems

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Well planned and professional. Opportunity to talk to different people and gave a good sense of what the organization's goals, challenges, and accomplishments. Impressed me. The remote interviewers called promptly. The interview pace was brisk and challenging.

Interview Questions
    • There were many, can't recall. But none were unpleasant. They were challenging and brought the best in me, I would say.   Answer Question
    Professional and to the point.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
    General resume questions
    OVM/UVM basic questions
    How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
    MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Automation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2013.

- phone interview
    - 3hrs of face-to-face interview with 5 people
    - communication via email
    - job offer
    (All of my interviewers were very friendly)

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers made me lead the entire interview.   Answer Question

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was a personal referral by then current employee. Met 3 folks in one on one situation, then met with HR. Background check done and then offer made verbally, followed by hard copy offer including detailed benefits package. Very easy, streamlined process.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2012.

Phone interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What you see yourself in 5 years, do you want to move up to the manager position.   View Answer

Too low