Cadence Design Systems Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2010.

3 phone interviews
Onsite interview with 6 person
Very tough interview process
Grilled properly!

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer
    Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2011.

A position on timing analysis.
    Three phone interviews. On-site interview after three phone interviews. Eight on-site interviewers.
    Asked questions on fundamental circuit theories (~30%) and coding/complexity analysis (~70%).

Interview Questions
    • A question on convergence theory.
      A question regarding root-finding algorithm (secant method etc).
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2009.

Usual analytical questions and programming questions and questions on your work experience

Interview Questions
    • Given 99 unique numbers between 1..100 how do you find the missing number.   View Answer
    Overall fair.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2010.

2 technical rounds, 1 manager round and one HR round.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!