Cadence Design Systems Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

A position on timing analysis.
    Three phone interviews. On-site interview after three phone interviews. Eight on-site interviewers.
    Asked questions on fundamental circuit theories (~30%) and coding/complexity analysis (~70%).

Interview Questions

• A question on convergence theory.
      A question regarding root-finding algorithm (secant method etc).

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

3 phone interviews
    Onsite interview with 6 person
    Very tough interview process
    Grilled properly!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Usual analytical questions and programming questions and questions on your work experience

Interview Questions

• Given 99 unique numbers between 1..100 how do you find the missing number.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Overall fair.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Noida (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

A phone screen followed by 3-4 face to face interviews.. Phone screen is just simple puzzles. Iin face to face, they ask questions about DS/Algorithms e.g. BSTs, sorting searching, and simple digital electronics like K maps etc.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles, DS - Algorithm questions, some simple digital electronics questions..
      * There are 3 bulbs and 3 switches, which one is connected to which
      * given 2 rectangles in a plane, check if they intersect or not
      * A plane can go 2/3 of distance around the world with one tank full, you can use additional planes to transfer fuel in air, how do you make a plane go around the world.

Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

2 technical rounds, 1 manager round and one HR round.