Cadence Design Systems

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview. Where I was asked to solve a written test containing software,hardware and aptitude questions. It was a 90 minutes test. As I couldn't clear the test, I don't know any further about the process.

Interview Question – Few technical questions regarding hardware was very difficult.. and the Aptitude test was very tricky...   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3-4 Rounds of interview . In Product Validation interview they can ask ranging from timing , designing of simple designs in verilog/VHDL , perl for automation , simple CMOS basics ,

Interview Question – Some puzzles   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations as this was my first company

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details – The hiring was done through on campus placement.
The process comprised of a written test and interview process.
Written test had 3 sections: analytical, software and hardware of one and half hour duration.
After this, few students were shortlisted and the interview process was started.
There were 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview.

Interview Question – Analytical questions which could not be solved in the question paper asked again.   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – 3 rounds in the interview process:
1) Written test: Some basic electronics questions along with software and aptitude questions.
2) Technical Interview: Questions on virtual table, classes in C++, compiler design (if you have knowledge about it). Also, some basic electronics questions related to MUX and gates.
3) Panel Interview : Puzzles, some coding questions and advanced data structures like AVL tree(only if you have knowledge).

Interview Question – Game related to coins : There are a bunch of coins on the table (about 20 I think) and 2 players have to pick 1-5 coins at each turn. The player who picks last coin wins the game. What will be your strategy if you are given the 1st chance to pick coins ?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not much talk regarding money, since I had just graduated from college. Just asked about other offers and why Cadence ?

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2012.

Interview Details – written then 2 interviews and then HR interview. interview consisted of basic digital and c c++ questions.they also asked about static time analysis and sequential circuits.

Interview Question – puzzles about defective balls and balance. it had 12 balls and one of them was defected so to find it in minimum no of weighings.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Get your basics on trees and graphs correct.

Interview Question – Trees, DS, Graphs   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied to Cadence through Campus recruitment procedure in my college in Delhi . The first round was written test which contains 1 hour aptitude and then 30 mins software test. After the shortlisting based on written test there was a technical interview. There was another shortlisting after first technical interview and then they conducted another technical and HR interview round . Finally they revealed the result after the entire procedure was over. Although I was selected at the moment others were told that result will be declared within two weeks.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadence Design Systems

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cadence Design Systems Videos

Cadence Design Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cadence is an exciting place to work! Our customers design the most advanced electronic products in the world, for the most challenging markets, using powerful software and hardware tools from Cadence. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cadence Design Systems Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cadence Design Systems employees and interview candidates.