Cadence Design Systems

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

The hiring was done through on campus placement.
    The process comprised of a written test and interview process.
    Written test had 3 sections: analytical, software and hardware of one and half hour duration.
    After this, few students were shortlisted and the interview process was started.
    There were 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Analytical questions which could not be solved in the question paper asked again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2012.

written then 2 interviews and then HR interview. interview consisted of basic digital and c c++ questions.they also asked about static time analysis and sequential circuits.

Interview Questions
    • puzzles about defective balls and balance. it had 12 balls and one of them was defected so to find it in minimum no of weighings.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2011.

3 rounds in the interview process:
    1) Written test: Some basic electronics questions along with software and aptitude questions.
    2) Technical Interview: Questions on virtual table, classes in C++, compiler design (if you have knowledge about it). Also, some basic electronics questions related to MUX and gates.
    3) Panel Interview : Puzzles, some coding questions and advanced data structures like AVL tree(only if you have knowledge).

Interview Questions
    • Game related to coins : There are a bunch of coins on the table (about 20 I think) and 2 players have to pick 1-5 coins at each turn. The player who picks last coin wins the game. What will be your strategy if you are given the 1st chance to pick coins ?   View Answers (2)
    Not much talk regarding money, since I had just graduated from college. Just asked about other offers and why Cadence ?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2011.

I had applied to Cadence through Campus recruitment procedure in my college in Delhi . The first round was written test which contains 1 hour aptitude and then 30 mins software test. After the shortlisting based on written test there was a technical interview. There was another shortlisting after first technical interview and then they conducted another technical and HR interview round . Finally they revealed the result after the entire procedure was over. Although I was selected at the moment others were told that result will be declared within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How to find 5 most recurring words in a text file ?   View Answer
    • Lots of questions on virtual functions and polymorphism   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2011.

Get your basics on trees and graphs correct.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2010.

I was called for an interview. Where I was asked to solve a written test containing software,hardware and aptitude questions. It was a 90 minutes test. As I couldn't clear the test, I don't know any further about the process.

Interview Questions
    • Few technical questions regarding hardware was very difficult.. and the Aptitude test was very tricky...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

3-4 Rounds of interview . In Product Validation interview they can ask ranging from timing , designing of simple designs in verilog/VHDL , perl for automation , simple CMOS basics ,

Interview Questions
    No Negotiations as this was my first company