Cadwalader Wickersham Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2014
6 interviews

2.8

Summer Associate Interview

First round on campus, second round in office. Got offer quickly after second round. They seemed to want entrepreneurial types. Stories of aggressively solving problems or taking lead seemed to go very well with them. Very hard-working, no-nonsense atmosphere with mostly nice people. The reputation of "shark-tank" is unwarranted. All big-law is slave labor.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in March 2012.

I arrived late for my interview...I got tested briefly on a 1980's computer (it was a joke)... it was typing and proofreading

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember but as long as you make a personal connection with the hiring managers and be friendly then you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate myself to 60k but they started me at $55... My previous employer gave me 50k...

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in April 2012.

The firm was very professional in its communications and brought me straight in, no phone interview. The interview was conducted by two people from the HR department, and I was informed that if I proceeded to the second round, the interview would be conducted by attorneys from the group that was hiring. It was a fairly standard personal interview, asked questions about my previous experience, asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. Thought it was very fair.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in August 2011.

I was recommended by a temp agency and referred by my agent. After working as a temp for 6 months I was asked to become a full time employee of the firm.

Interview Questions
    I did not have much say in the negotiation since it is decided between them and my agency.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in June 2011.

For my first interview, I met with the paralegal manager and then with the senior paralegal in charge of the department--both were extremely nice and described a lot about what the position entailed. About a week later I was invited back for a second round interview to meet with attorneys.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits were non-negotiable.

Associate Interview

Came in as a summer associate. Met with several partners throughout the company. Firm had a bad reputation but partners sought to overcome it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadwalader Wickersham

Worked for Cadwalader Wickersham? Contribute to the Community!