Cadwalader Wickersham

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadwalader Wickersham

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham.

I attended a first round interview on campus, second round interview with multiple attorneys in office. The second round took half a day and involved speaking to multiple people from different practice areas at the Firm. The Firm selected me for first round interviews on the basis of my law school transcript and extracurricular activities, and for second round interviews based on those factors plus my performance in a 30 minute on-campus interview.

Summer Associate Interview

First round on campus, second round in office. Got offer quickly after second round. They seemed to want entrepreneurial types. Stories of aggressively solving problems or taking lead seemed to go very well with them. Very hard-working, no-nonsense atmosphere with mostly nice people. The reputation of "shark-tank" is unwarranted. All big-law is slave labor.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in April 2012.

The firm was very professional in its communications and brought me straight in, no phone interview. The interview was conducted by two people from the HR department, and I was informed that if I proceeded to the second round, the interview would be conducted by attorneys from the group that was hiring. It was a fairly standard personal interview, asked questions about my previous experience, asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. Thought it was very fair.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in March 2012.

I arrived late for my interview...I got tested briefly on a 1980's computer (it was a joke)... it was typing and proofreading

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember but as long as you make a personal connection with the hiring managers and be friendly then you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate myself to 60k but they started me at $55... My previous employer gave me 50k...

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in August 2011.

I was recommended by a temp agency and referred by my agent. After working as a temp for 6 months I was asked to become a full time employee of the firm.

Interview Questions
    I did not have much say in the negotiation since it is decided between them and my agency.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cadwalader Wickersham in June 2011.

For my first interview, I met with the paralegal manager and then with the senior paralegal in charge of the department--both were extremely nice and described a lot about what the position entailed. About a week later I was invited back for a second round interview to meet with attorneys.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits were non-negotiable.

Associate Interview

Came in as a summer associate. Met with several partners throughout the company. Firm had a bad reputation but partners sought to overcome it.