Caesars Entertainment Housekeeper and Waitress Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Housekeeper and Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Caesars Entertainment in January 2012.

I applied online and about a week later i had the phone interview and was asked to come in for an in person interview. This first interview went very well, i had applied for a few different positions so this made the questions a little scattered until she decided which one she felt i was best suited for. she asked me to return the following morning for a panel interview. I was informed that the panel interview would be about 8 currant employees from different positions, the 2 interviewers, and about 14 other applicants for a few different positions. I was also informed that the interview would consist of a question and answer section, then some pictionary, and some other improv games to see how we react on our feet and to make sure we were outgoing enough to do the job. there was about 8 applicants and the 2 interviewers present and most of the other applicants had worked at harrahs before and had been let go. we watched a video about harrahs and a slide show about how awesome it is to work there the moved on to the questions. The first one being "tell us your name and a fun fact about yourself" i went first and stated my name, fun fact "i have a cat named monkey who thinks she is a dog" the woman next to me stated her name and that she had just welcomed a grandchild into the world. the rest of the applicants chose to tell a story about the last time they worked at harrahs and how funny it is that they were fired. this to me is not a fun fact and should not have been an acceptable answer. question 2 was "describe one of the times you received excellent customer service" i described a time i went out to eat and my waitress was very kind, patient with my friends many questions about ingredients as she is allergic to everything, she followed all the directions we gave her and helped keep my friends food separate from mine to avoid contamination and anticipated my refills and brought me a box before i even asked because she could tell i was done eating. the next portion of the interview was the pictionary portion and the only people to volunteer were me and the woman with the grandchild. everyone else had to be coaxed out their chair and still they only managed to get one other person to stand up and play. then we come to the final step in this game where they asked us to stand up and act out our favorite performer. (singer, actor, dancer...ect.) the woman with the grandchild did an impression of elvis and i chose johnny depp from pirates of the caribbean. they then went into the hallway and deliberated for a few minutes then walked back into the room and asked me and the woman with the grandchild to come into the hallway and proceeded to tell us we didnt make it because while we were both very outoing we werent upbeat enough and there was not enough content to our answers. if we would like to reapply later we can do so in 6 months, everyone else got to stay. i then received a letter telling me "sorry you didnt make it, apply again any time.

Interview Questions
  • would you please stand up and act out your favorite entertainer?   Answer Question