Caesars Entertainment

111 candidate interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very extensive. A phone interview lasted about 40 minutes; An all-day extensive interview was conducted with 5 parts. A follow-up interview was then conducted with the VP who manages the entire PMO and shared services.

The all day interview had the following sections: Part 1 is a 2-part (100 min.) computer multiple choice and scenario/answer kind of tests, one for personalities, the other similar to GMAT for analytical / MBA type of questions. Part 2 is 1 hour with hiring director 1:1. Part 3 was an informal lunch interview with two directors, but they don't waste time, and many personality and work history related questions were asked, and they certainly assess interaction and reaction beyond office environment. Part 4 was a quick one-on-one with a peer senior project manager. Part 5 is a case study of a past nation wide implementation project, followed by a presentation to an interview panel consist of 2 directors and 2 peer senior project managers. The cases were created by two of the interviewers, and they ask for how would you do it, similarly or differently. Be careful criticizing what's shown on the case written - you may offend some of the interviewers.

Overall, the interviewing process is good, and if your experience and knowledge excel, you have a good chance. However, the flaw in the process is, interview panelist may not value different management methodology when the case study was to analyze and critique on the project they managed in the past. The panel does not have any representative from stakeholders such as management from customers or technology side. Personality assessment from face-to-face interview was also limited to feedback from peer or supervisor, but not from departments where a senior PM will truly interact with.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Events Interview

Events

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with two members of Human Resources. Then I had a phone screen with the hiring manager. I had a group interview with VP of Marketing, VP of Hospitality, VP of Events, Director of Marketing and members of the Events team. Then I had a final interview with VP of Events again.

Interview Question – How do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very positive and involved several levels of current leadership. This painted a very clear picture of the position and environment.

Interview Question – How do you address an abnormality in the financial review?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I negotiated a 10% Salary increase with a signing bonus. I was already aware of the benefits.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

AIX Systems Engineer Interview

AIX Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in July 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter did an initial screen, then I talked to the senior engineer who I would be working with.

Interview Question – The tech interview was extremely detailed. The actual work is fairly straightforward, but the senior engineer is extremely knowledgeable and is looking for someone with deep, detailed knowledge. While I have always been able to figure things out, I am not good at spewing chapter and verse on demand. We liked each other very much but it was clear in our conversation that I was not the guy that he was looking for.   Answer Question

Theater Technician/Beverage Ambassador/Promotions Ambassador Interview

Theater Technician/Beverage Ambassador/Promotions Ambassador
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in February 2013.

Interview Details – This had to of been one of the most ridiculous hiring events I've ever been to. They give you a single date and range of times to show up at their HR office. Inside will be literally HUNDREDS of people. They're all interviewing for different positions, but you will have to do the same basic tests for all positions regardless of whether or not you're cash/alcohol/food handling.

Afterwards is a group interview that's more to see what kind of personality you have and weed out those that they dislike immediately. From there you MIGHT get to speak with someone that works in your department *IF* they're there--they probably aren't. If they're not, then you have to meet with them for a phone or in-person interview at a later date. (Keep in mind that this whole process up to this point can take a month to two months.)

After all this is done, you have a "job shadowing." This IS NOT on-the-job training, but an opportunity for you to follow around your potential manager so that they can have you work the job without hiring you!

So after all the hiring mess, you now get to work for free so they can decide if they like you or not???

Interview Question – They're going to basically ask you to sing and dance for their amusement.   Answer Question

Cage Supervisor Interview

Cage Supervisor
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in February 2012.

Interview Details – It started off with a phone interview. The next phase was insane. Think the begininng episodes of American Idol. You are gathered in a large group and essentially audition for 6 hours. Some people got through because the two words they were able to say sounded happy. Next, you take a math test (just addition and subtraction). This was followed up by one on one interviews. After they made you an offer you had to pass a drug test done through a hair test.

Interview Question – if you were a ball, what kind of ball would you be and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it situation.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went through 3 separate interviews, one with HR over the phone, one with direct manager over the phone, and one in person interview. The in person interview was with various people and took the majority of a day.

Interview Question – Be prepared to take numerous timed tests.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment.

Interview Details – Flown out for large interview that took the entire day and consisted of 5-6 interviews.

Interview Question – If you have a balance scale and 8 weights that weigh exactly the same with 1 weighing differently, how would you figure out the weight that was different with only 2 turns to using the scale?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Moving bonus if out of state

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in October 2011.

Interview Details – In PMO and many other areas of the company you will take assessment tests for personality and basic logic/math capability. You will have a hair drug test and you will likely have multiple interviews.

The higher your job is, the more people they will have you meet. For a mid-level manager you will see at least 6 interviews (mostly same day), in addition to your tests.

In PMO you will see a case study that is followed by a panel interview that is pretty intense.

Interview Question – Case Study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depending on your hiring manager, you can negotiate. The salary bands are pretty low compared to software industry so if you are in technology - be prepared for low ranges. Other areas seem to be comparable. Extra vacation and sign-on bonuses are also common to assist in fixing differences between candidate expectations and the salary bands. The process is very slow.

Food Operations Manager Interview

Food Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone Interview with Recruiter, called back to take a skills assessment test, on a computer, after which I had a face to face interview with a recruiter. I was asked to come back for a "Panel" interview at which we observed interacting with fellow panel members by some casino executives, and then were asked to talk about ourselves. Then we were asked to sell the interviewers something and we were asked to sing a song or imitate a famous person or tell a joke. After the panel, I was interviewed by a Department Manager and then the Director of the department. I received an offer a week later from the recruiter. Offer was contingent upon passing a drug screening and a background check by the gaming board. That process took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – The skills assessment given by recruiting is difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!