Caesars Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in November 2009.

The interview process was very extensive. A phone interview lasted about 40 minutes; An all-day extensive interview was conducted with 5 parts. A follow-up interview was then conducted with the VP who manages the entire PMO and shared services.

The all day interview had the following sections: Part 1 is a 2-part (100 min.) computer multiple choice and scenario/answer kind of tests, one for personalities, the other similar to GMAT for analytical / MBA type of questions. Part 2 is 1 hour with hiring director 1:1. Part 3 was an informal lunch interview with two directors, but they don't waste time, and many personality and work history related questions were asked, and they certainly assess interaction and reaction beyond office environment. Part 4 was a quick one-on-one with a peer senior project manager. Part 5 is a case study of a past nation wide implementation project, followed by a presentation to an interview panel consist of 2 directors and 2 peer senior project managers. The cases were created by two of the interviewers, and they ask for how would you do it, similarly or differently. Be careful criticizing what's shown on the case written - you may offend some of the interviewers.

Overall, the interviewing process is good, and if your experience and knowledge excel, you have a good chance. However, the flaw in the process is, interview panelist may not value different management methodology when the case study was to analyze and critique on the project they managed in the past. The panel does not have any representative from stakeholders such as management from customers or technology side. Personality assessment from face-to-face interview was also limited to feedback from peer or supervisor, but not from departments where a senior PM will truly interact with.

Events Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in October 2010.

I had a phone screen with two members of Human Resources. Then I had a phone screen with the hiring manager. I had a group interview with VP of Marketing, VP of Hospitality, VP of Events, Director of Marketing and members of the Events team. Then I had a final interview with VP of Events again.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in March 2010.

The interview process was very positive and involved several levels of current leadership. This painted a very clear picture of the position and environment.

Interview Questions
    • How do you address an abnormality in the financial review?   View Answer
    Very simple. I negotiated a 10% Salary increase with a signing bonus. I was already aware of the benefits.

Cage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in February 2012.

It started off with a phone interview. The next phase was insane. Think the begininng episodes of American Idol. You are gathered in a large group and essentially audition for 6 hours. Some people got through because the two words they were able to say sounded happy. Next, you take a math test (just addition and subtraction). This was followed up by one on one interviews. After they made you an offer you had to pass a drug test done through a hair test.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a ball, what kind of ball would you be and why?   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it situation.

AIX Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in July 2013.

Recruiter did an initial screen, then I talked to the senior engineer who I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • The tech interview was extremely detailed. The actual work is fairly straightforward, but the senior engineer is extremely knowledgeable and is looking for someone with deep, detailed knowledge. While I have always been able to figure things out, I am not good at spewing chapter and verse on demand. We liked each other very much but it was clear in our conversation that I was not the guy that he was looking for.   Answer Question

Theater Technician/Beverage Ambassador/Promotions Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in February 2013.

This had to of been one of the most ridiculous hiring events I've ever been to. They give you a single date and range of times to show up at their HR office. Inside will be literally HUNDREDS of people. They're all interviewing for different positions, but you will have to do the same basic tests for all positions regardless of whether or not you're cash/alcohol/food handling.

Afterwards is a group interview that's more to see what kind of personality you have and weed out those that they dislike immediately. From there you MIGHT get to speak with someone that works in your department *IF* they're there--they probably aren't. If they're not, then you have to meet with them for a phone or in-person interview at a later date. (Keep in mind that this whole process up to this point can take a month to two months.)

After all this is done, you have a "job shadowing." This IS NOT on-the-job training, but an opportunity for you to follow around your potential manager so that they can have you work the job without hiring you!

So after all the hiring mess, you now get to work for free so they can decide if they like you or not???

Interview Questions
    • They're going to basically ask you to sing and dance for their amusement.   Answer Question

Bellperson/Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment.

The interview was a group interview. The managers conducting the interview were friendly, but the process was a bit intimidating. There were about 20 applicants in the room, seated in a semi-circle. The interview proceeded in rounds, where the managers would ask a question (most involved creative thinking or impersonation) and every round a few people would get eliminated.

Interview Questions
    • Do a 30-second pitch/commercial for a new candy bar that you've come up with.   Answer Question

Couldn't stay the entire season.

Analyst, Enterprise Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in December 2013.

Campus Interview, 2nd round in Vegas headquarters. The entire process took about a month, company paid for the 2nd round's travel and lodging. There was a pre-interview dinner to meet the VPs and interviewers. The dinner lasted about 3 hours, and everyone was exhausted after the dinner including the interviewers. 5 people interviewed me from different departments including one group presentation

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of brainteasers and required a lot of estimates. Just make sure you can back up your answers with explanations.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment.

Got an interview through campus recruiting. Ended up doing it on the phone because there was a storm near my school. A lot of questions about fixed costs and variable costs. I hadn't taken econ 1 for a while, so I boofed some simple examples of this

Interview Questions
    • If you were opening a sport's bar, what are some fixed and variable costs you'd consider   Answer Question

Food Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in June 2010.

Initial phone Interview with Recruiter, called back to take a skills assessment test, on a computer, after which I had a face to face interview with a recruiter. I was asked to come back for a "Panel" interview at which we observed interacting with fellow panel members by some casino executives, and then were asked to talk about ourselves. Then we were asked to sell the interviewers something and we were asked to sing a song or imitate a famous person or tell a joke. After the panel, I was interviewed by a Department Manager and then the Director of the department. I received an offer a week later from the recruiter. Offer was contingent upon passing a drug screening and a background check by the gaming board. That process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The skills assessment given by recruiting is difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!