Caesars Entertainment

101 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

AIX Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in July 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter did an initial screen, then I talked to the senior engineer who I would be working with.

Interview Question – The tech interview was extremely detailed. The actual work is fairly straightforward, but the senior engineer is extremely knowledgeable and is looking for someone with deep, detailed knowledge. While I have always been able to figure things out, I am not good at spewing chapter and verse on demand. We liked each other very much but it was clear in our conversation that I was not the guy that he was looking for.   Answer Question

Hospitality/Restaurant Management Intern Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in June 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email from my college's career services office. I applied online on the 10th of June, received a phone call on the 16th about coming to the interview for the 21st. It was all really quick which was a plus.

Before you apply just know that you MUST be able to pass a hair sample drug test (need to be clean at least 6 months) or Harrah's won't even let you sweep their floors. Also have a valid driver's license along with an unlamented social security card or birth certificate.

In the phone interview you will be asked why you applied to Harrah's and if you are available for a date picked by them (agree to the date no matter what). The phone call is really quick and the lady who called me was very friendly and energetic; just a pleasant call overall. You will be told what to wear, where to be and what time and just other basic stuff. YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL DRESS! Suit and tie dress for men (and whatever the equivalent is for ladies). Dress shoes, dress pants - as professional as you can get. Although I arrived early both days I don't think that made much of an impression considering the interview started late both days.

As this was an internship there were other candidates so I would expect competition. It is a group interview so for my interview they had the 20 of us sit down in chairs along the wall with a table across from us. Three people sat at this table with the middle person being the one who asked the questions (American Idol style). The other two watched everyone as the interview went along. Sit up straight, no nervous ticks - be attentive during the whole process. You will be seated in the order you arrived to the interview. When it was your turn to speak (they started from one side to the other then back again) you stood up, said your name then you answered the question. Be prepared with your answers - they want precise answers in as little as 2 minutes or less.

Expect to be there for about 2-3 hours so eat before you go along with maybe bringing a bottle of water. After the interview was over they all 3 stepped outside, deliberated for about 5-10 minutes then came back in and read a list of names - those people called went out the room, everyone else stayed (these people made it). You will be told about the next day for a second group interview. It will all be the same except maybe the managers/supervisors will be at the table instead of the three other people.

Questions asked: describe yourself using one word; what word would your friends describe you as; act/dance/sing something from your favorite entertainer (everyone else has to guess it); if money were no option what would be your dream job.

Overall I actually enjoyed the interview process and thought it was very professional (if only it could have be timed more appropriately). The interviewers were really nice and friendly and did a good job of representing Harrah's corporate culture.
With that said I didn't like some parts of it. The room they had us in was HOT (23 people in a small room with added nerves and it gets hot quick). The chairs they had us sit in weren't the most comfortable chairs so sitting in them for 3+ hours started to hurt. It pays to be in the middle of the questioning so you can use other people's answers to better construct your answers (so again if you are early or last expect to go first as they have both ends answer first).

It was a solid opportunity and I'm not entirely sure what they were looking for as I thought I was a perfect candidate when compared to the other people who got it, but alas to the best man go the spoils and sadly I didn't get it. (I made it to the bottom 13 and they only picked 2 people from those 13). GOODLUCK!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and/or beyond your usual requirements to better understand a product/service you sold at a previous job or about a subject/assignment/project while you were in school (higher education only).   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment.

Interview Details – Applied on the career website for analyst position. After two months, got call from HR regarding position. Had phone interview. Recruiter decided right then that I was not a good fit. Offered to keep my name in mind for other positions.

Interview Question – What is your experience with interpreting data?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Food Operations Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone Interview with Recruiter, called back to take a skills assessment test, on a computer, after which I had a face to face interview with a recruiter. I was asked to come back for a "Panel" interview at which we observed interacting with fellow panel members by some casino executives, and then were asked to talk about ourselves. Then we were asked to sell the interviewers something and we were asked to sing a song or imitate a famous person or tell a joke. After the panel, I was interviewed by a Department Manager and then the Director of the department. I received an offer a week later from the recruiter. Offer was contingent upon passing a drug screening and a background check by the gaming board. That process took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – The skills assessment given by recruiting is difficult.   Answer Question

Count Room Manager Interview

Chester, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process went ok. Asked a lot of questions about how I would improve the overall operations if I was to become a manager. Interview with five different people at the time. HR Manager, Controller, VP Finance, VP HR, GM

Senior Project Manager Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in October 2011.

Interview Details – In PMO and many other areas of the company you will take assessment tests for personality and basic logic/math capability. You will have a hair drug test and you will likely have multiple interviews.

The higher your job is, the more people they will have you meet. For a mid-level manager you will see at least 6 interviews (mostly same day), in addition to your tests.

In PMO you will see a case study that is followed by a panel interview that is pretty intense.

Interview Question – Case Study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depending on your hiring manager, you can negotiate. The salary bands are pretty low compared to software industry so if you are in technology - be prepared for low ranges. Other areas seem to be comparable. Extra vacation and sign-on bonuses are also common to assist in fixing differences between candidate expectations and the salary bands. The process is very slow.

Analyst Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment.

Interview Details – Flown out for large interview that took the entire day and consisted of 5-6 interviews.

Interview Question – If you have a balance scale and 8 weights that weigh exactly the same with 1 weighing differently, how would you figure out the weight that was different with only 2 turns to using the scale?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Moving bonus if out of state

EMT Security Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was via email asking me to come in for an interview and intelligence assessment. The interview was with the main HR manager and another supervisor. They then asked me to come into a candidate group interview. The group interview is a chance they get to see how your personality and character. Have fun, smile, and interact with everyone. For my interview I had to introduce the person standing next to me and basically say why they should hire this person. You get 5 minutes to get to know them and afterwards you have to pick a question out of a basket. They're questions that take you out of your comfort zone a bit but have fun with them. After the interview the judges go out and discuss the interview then come back in and announce who will continue with the hiring process and who will not (everyone on my froup continued) its just a matter of having fun with it. Dont be aggressive, interact with all the people you can. They want to hire people they like as well as people with communications skills. After that interview they told me and the other gentleman going for the EMT position they would email us/give us a call on the next step. The final interview was the job offer at the casino where I'd work. It was straight forward questions like "Why do you want to work here?" "What does customer service mean to you?" ect. The manager asked me for my necessary cards introduced me to the security staff and told me I got the job.

Interview Question – You have a male in room xyz complaining of chest pain. How would you treat this patient/guest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very relaxed. She told me what my salary would be and that was non-negotiable, my schedule was a little more open I got to choose between graveyard and day shift.

Casino Customer Service Representative Interview

Casino Customer Service Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough follow-through. Great information provided throughout the process. Expectations are high with this position - they expect people to have a good education, while not requiring a degree. Expectation of an easy-going personality is paramount.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. I have had all the questions before. They do have a very long list of standard questions that they ask each interviewee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Position starts at the same rate for all staff.

Casino Customer Service Representative Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in June 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and an in person interview with 2 Caesars employees.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions: Name a time when you received excellent customer service, why should they hire you, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. Something is better than nothing at all.! The pay is great in my opinion.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caesars Entertainment