Caesars Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment.

Interview Details – 1st phone call, than panel interview with few questions

Interview Question – Come up with a commercial about Harrah's   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Very Difficult Interview

Theater Technician/Beverage Ambassador/Promotions Ambassador Interview

Theater Technician/Beverage Ambassador/Promotions Ambassador
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in February 2013.

Interview Details – This had to of been one of the most ridiculous hiring events I've ever been to. They give you a single date and range of times to show up at their HR office. Inside will be literally HUNDREDS of people. They're all interviewing for different positions, but you will have to do the same basic tests for all positions regardless of whether or not you're cash/alcohol/food handling.

Afterwards is a group interview that's more to see what kind of personality you have and weed out those that they dislike immediately. From there you MIGHT get to speak with someone that works in your department *IF* they're there--they probably aren't. If they're not, then you have to meet with them for a phone or in-person interview at a later date. (Keep in mind that this whole process up to this point can take a month to two months.)

After all this is done, you have a "job shadowing." This IS NOT on-the-job training, but an opportunity for you to follow around your potential manager so that they can have you work the job without hiring you!

So after all the hiring mess, you now get to work for free so they can decide if they like you or not???

Interview Question – They're going to basically ask you to sing and dance for their amusement.   Answer Question

Hospitality/Restaurant Management Intern Interview

Hospitality/Restaurant Management Intern
New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in June 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email from my college's career services office. I applied online on the 10th of June, received a phone call on the 16th about coming to the interview for the 21st. It was all really quick which was a plus.

Before you apply just know that you MUST be able to pass a hair sample drug test (need to be clean at least 6 months) or Harrah's won't even let you sweep their floors. Also have a valid driver's license along with an unlamented social security card or birth certificate.

In the phone interview you will be asked why you applied to Harrah's and if you are available for a date picked by them (agree to the date no matter what). The phone call is really quick and the lady who called me was very friendly and energetic; just a pleasant call overall. You will be told what to wear, where to be and what time and just other basic stuff. YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL DRESS! Suit and tie dress for men (and whatever the equivalent is for ladies). Dress shoes, dress pants - as professional as you can get. Although I arrived early both days I don't think that made much of an impression considering the interview started late both days.

As this was an internship there were other candidates so I would expect competition. It is a group interview so for my interview they had the 20 of us sit down in chairs along the wall with a table across from us. Three people sat at this table with the middle person being the one who asked the questions (American Idol style). The other two watched everyone as the interview went along. Sit up straight, no nervous ticks - be attentive during the whole process. You will be seated in the order you arrived to the interview. When it was your turn to speak (they started from one side to the other then back again) you stood up, said your name then you answered the question. Be prepared with your answers - they want precise answers in as little as 2 minutes or less.

Expect to be there for about 2-3 hours so eat before you go along with maybe bringing a bottle of water. After the interview was over they all 3 stepped outside, deliberated for about 5-10 minutes then came back in and read a list of names - those people called went out the room, everyone else stayed (these people made it). You will be told about the next day for a second group interview. It will all be the same except maybe the managers/supervisors will be at the table instead of the three other people.

Questions asked: describe yourself using one word; what word would your friends describe you as; act/dance/sing something from your favorite entertainer (everyone else has to guess it); if money were no option what would be your dream job.

Overall I actually enjoyed the interview process and thought it was very professional (if only it could have be timed more appropriately). The interviewers were really nice and friendly and did a good job of representing Harrah's corporate culture.
With that said I didn't like some parts of it. The room they had us in was HOT (23 people in a small room with added nerves and it gets hot quick). The chairs they had us sit in weren't the most comfortable chairs so sitting in them for 3+ hours started to hurt. It pays to be in the middle of the questioning so you can use other people's answers to better construct your answers (so again if you are early or last expect to go first as they have both ends answer first).

It was a solid opportunity and I'm not entirely sure what they were looking for as I thought I was a perfect candidate when compared to the other people who got it, but alas to the best man go the spoils and sadly I didn't get it. (I made it to the bottom 13 and they only picked 2 people from those 13). GOODLUCK!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and/or beyond your usual requirements to better understand a product/service you sold at a previous job or about a subject/assignment/project while you were in school (higher education only).   Answer Question

Total Service Lead Interview

Total Service Lead
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring at Harrah's New Orleans was well executed. I submitted my application and within 24 hours I received an email inviting me to a panel interview the following day. The panel is the first step in the hiring process. They ask you to get up in front of a group for the panel interview and answer questions. The group is asked the same questions. If you are chosen from the panel to proceed to the next step, you will be given an "RJP" (realistic job preview) date and time. The RJP is a chance to learn more about the position and when your interview with the department manager will occur. If you are offered an RJP, that does not mean you got the job, just that you are moving on to the next step. The RJP was scheduled for approximately 4 days after the initial panel interview.

Interview Question – In the panel interview they asked you to do an imitation of your favorite celebrity and the rest of the group and the 3 interviewers guessed who you were imitating.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered the position and the salary was set, they would not negotiate. If you did not like the salary, you could decline the position.

Air Ambassador Interview

Air Ambassador
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in November 2008.

Interview Details – There was a group interview. People were encouraged to be spontanous. It's a pleasant process although a little akward.

Interview Question – What do you do with a rude, drunken guest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none. they offered, I accepted

Promotions Associate Interview

Promotions Associate
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Caesars Entertainment in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had to meet 1:1 with a member of the HR staff. She asked questions about me, and what I liked and disliked about my current position. She then invited me back for a panel/group interview at a later date. At the panel interview, we were asked questions that would allow us to display our personalities and guage how out going we were.

Interview Question – Perform a self-composed jingle, song, or narrative detailing why people should work at Harrah's.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They offered me a part-time position, even after I specified that I was interested in a full-time career change.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caesars Entertainment interview questions and advice in New Orleans, LA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Caesars Entertainment employees and interview candidates.