Caesarstone

www.caesarstone.com

Caesarstone Interview Questions

3.1

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Caesarstone.

Found the position online, then was contacted by HR. After a week or more, contacted again for a live interview. After another two weekst, another phone call with the VP of HR.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but some of the last phone interview was very 'canned', 'scripted'- I felt like she was doing other things while asking me questions. Long pauses, it was unprofessional   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caesarstone in May 2014.

Interview went very well with Mark. When asked what the next steps were, I was told that HR would be contacting me. No HR call. Sent straight to voicemail if tried to contact. No response to messages. 3 weeks later contacted for rush interview with VP. Great interview! Another long wait until offer.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview. Asked what books I have read and what I learned or how I use to better work environments.   Answer Question

Was given an offer $43,640 and made a counter offer for $45k that was listed on Careerbuilder as the top of their salary range in the original online ad. This $45k was also confirmed by Mark. HR promised a call back after check with VP with counter offer. Instead communication stopped again. After one week of trying both Mark and Mary, I finally connect and learn they went with another candidate and did not have the courtesy to call after a 2 month interview process. Gave benefit of doubt after bad online reviews but turned out to be true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caesarstone in December 2013.

Do you take criticism well? How do you prioritize?

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Here's the base and offer letter.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caesarstone.

Was interviewed by their HR rep in California, who was very nice. Discussed my experience. Later sent to meet Division Manager. When I asked to see him the employees sent me to his office. Apparently he did not like that and sent me back to the lobby for a conference room. Seems I was doomed at the start.

Interview Questions
    • He asked if I was so good, why was I laid off instead of others?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caesarstone in March 2013.

I contacted the CEO, VP, and HR. Never got a reply. Then I emailed the RSM at the time who met me in person and interviewed me. Took three weeks to finalize with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Do you take criticism well? (this is never asked to a male prospective)   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. However, after I left, I learned that I was paid higher than others who have been there 5 years +.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Caesarstone in January 2013.

I had a pre-screen phone call and then was advanced to an in person interview that went great. I was told to be prepared to talk about the difference between their product and natural products and to describe what the company did. At the in person interview I learned that the position would be spending one week in northern CA and one week in southern CA, managing 14 sales people and also doing my own sales. I was quoted a base salary of only $50K with a low quarterly bonus that wouldn't even take the position close to $70K per year. I think that's very low considering the work load and had I known ahead of time, would not even have applied! I told her it was too low for me and she didn't respond, but advanced me to an in person interview with a VP. It was about 20 minutes long and I was told they were going to be taking their time deciding in a month. Initially I had been told they wanted to fill the position within 2 weeks and it had already been a month and now was being pushed out another month because they were going to "take their time" filling the position. I considered this interview process with Caesarstone a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell our product to someone? How would you position our product against natural products? Tell me about Casearstone.   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caesarstone in November 2011.

I received a phone interview from the Human Resources department working out of the headquarters in California. The call came out-of-the-blue and I wished I had received some advance notice to prepare. I had to conduct the interview on my cell phone while out of my office.

There were some good background resume questions asked. There were also some higher level questions how to approach the sales role, thoughts on building customer relationships, and how to sell a premium product. There were no odd-ball or subliminal questions. It was clearly a fact finding and qualifying interview to be passed on to the regional sales office. The interview went well. The HR recruiter said that she would be passing my application package on to the local sales office and I would get a call on Fri. or Mon. from the local HR manager. She also mentioned that there was an internal applicant being considered for the position.

I went out that weekend to a couple of local home remodeling stores to get product information and talk to people in the industry about the product & company. At one store, I got a couple of laughs from some of the employees. They told me that I was the first person (in 4 years) they had ever seen from Caesarstone and they were laughing because I wasn't even working for them. I never did get the call on Fri. or Mon., despite getting prepared all weekend. I sent an email to HR department at the headquarters, but to this day I have never heard back from this company. It was clear that the hiring manager was only going to hire the internal applicant. They never should have posted this job if they never intended to fill it with an outside candidate. My perspective, this is not a very professional or organized company.

Interview Questions
    • What steps or processes to you follow when making a sales call?   View Answer
    • How have you won over a difficult customer?   View Answer