Cafe Zupas Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

1.9

Line Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cafe Zupas.

Submitted my application about 3 days before I was called. Went to the interview and was sat down inside at a table to wait for the manager. Very casual interview. Asked me questions about my passions in life and weaknesses and strengths. Questions seemed a bit repetitive.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cafe Zupas in February 2015.

application online and at the store. no call from the store and not clear for which reason I wasn't selected following two simple questions, I suppose I answered honestly and din't say anything negative

Interview Questions
    • what are you good at?
      what aren't you good at?

View Answer

Human Resources/Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cafe Zupas.

For my position, the interview process was extensive yet quick (roughly 2 weeks). Called by executive recruiter, then meeting with the owners of the company, then a phone call follow up then a final meeting with 2 additional company executives to discuss offer and role with the company

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. This company is looking more for a culture fit than transferable experience.   Answer Question
    A little negotiation but I received what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cafe Zupas in August 2013.

They will ask you to come in for a 3:00pm interview. As good as it is showing up 10+ minutes before hand, it isnt necessary for Zupas because the OP/ GM is still trying to rap up the days sales and get ready for the night crew to come in. Make sure you are in the door by 2:55pm, but expect to wait till about 3:30pm for them to give your their undivided attention. the GM will sit down with you and go over your career goals, what you like about working in restaurants and what you dont like, and where you see yourself in the next year.

SMILE. They are looking for people who can handle high volume, high stress tasks. They want to know that even on your good days, you still reflect a positive attitude. If all goes right, the interview should last about an hour.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cafe Zupas in January 2012.

I went into Cafe Zupas on a friday and returned the application on a Saturday and walked away with a job the same day. When you return the application, you automatically receive an interview and might be offered a job if you schedule works for them. Just be outgoing and upbeat, because that is what they want to see. This job requires a high endurance for stress, and physical/mental strength. This job is stressful.

Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cafe Zupas in January 2011.

Plan on two interviews. One with the hiring manager, one with the catering director or GM of the location you applied at. They ask you if you are organized, say yes its a MUST! Overall its a very easy interview. They just want to make sure your very outgoing, friendly, happy, and motivated.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite book you read, business related?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cafe Zupas in November 2010.

when you first hand in your application you will be asked three questions: if you want day or night shifts, what you like to do, and why you want to work at cafe zupas. If they like you, you will get a second interview. they will ask you if you can handle working a fast paced day, if you can stand on your feet for hours a day. mostly they want to see your happy and outgoing personality.

Interview Questions
    • what is your favorite thing to eat at cafe zupas?   View Answer
    they will say their starting salary is 7.25 an hour, if you are confident you can ask for 7.50 and they will most likely give it to you if they really like you.