CafePress Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CafePress.

Met 2 separate occasions with 6 different people. Very basic interview questions. Greatest strengths, weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in X amount of years. Also specific questions to marketing position.

Interview Questions
    • How many piano tuners exist in the state of Idaho?   View Answer
    No Negotiation. Contract to hire.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CafePress.

I submitted my resume online and was emailed by the HR coordinator. After an initial phone screen, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the manager of the department. The next week I went in for in-person interviews where I met with 5 people (including the President of the company) for about 20-30 min. After about a week, I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • If it is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand on a traditional clock?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CafePress.

I went to the interview and the two people I interviewed with were wearing t-shirts which caught me off guard. The interview was fine and it was short. It was less an interview and more "would you fit in here" process.

Corporate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CafePress.

Great, group. Very thorough

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CafePress.

Met with the VP of Operations and subsequently took a plant tour. During the tour we discussed the current operations, responsibilities, duties, expectations and opportunities for growth. Then I met with the HR Manager. Typical questions about how I would deal with people situations. Overall, the interview process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say any of the questions were out of the ordinary. I did appreciate the comfortable, yet professional style of the CafePress interview process.   Answer Question
    A few back and forth phone discussions and we were able to agree upon something that worked for both parties.

Weeder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CafePress in October 2012.

I applied on craigslist, they emailed me back, I came in to talk about being a graphic designer and show some of my work, but instead they threw me into the shop and told me to peel stickers all day.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working temp? (Not a difficult question, but a surprising question considering I was applying for a full time position.   View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CafePress in October 2012.

It was very informal and relaxed. I was recruited, so I believe they identified me and there was little competition. The process was also fast in comparison to others.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure I remember one that was difficult or unexpected. Very straight forward.   Answer Question
    It was back-and-forth, but they were fair and accommodating. I stood my ground and got what I asked for.

Senior Software Engineer, Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CafePress in July 2012.

Applied online. Was contacted by the HR. Talked to a senior managment person for initial screening. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Offered contract to hire opp and called onsite. Onsite went well. Meet with the backend .net guy, front end designer and hiring manager. All of them looked a good fit and it looked like a fun place to work at. Meet with the VP at the end of the day. Contacted the HR later for feedback and was asked for references then given an offer. However I had direct hire offers come so I decided to go for them and drop this.

CSS styles and latest trends
    JS OOP programming on white board
    past experiences

Contract -to-hire. Had direct hire offers in hand

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CafePress in July 2012.

Applied 2 months ago, went to first interview a few weeks ago and still no response. Receptionist was nice, but she treats you like just another number. There were several interviewers and a couple were intimidating. I get the impression that people aren't happy working there.

Interview Questions
    • If you mention any knowledge of technical skills, they will test you right on the spot by asking you a question related to that skill.   Answer Question

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CafePress in July 2012.

Had 2 phone interview and 1 onsite interview, where I met with 6 different people. All had very different expectations - felt like they all werent even talking about the same job role.

I was asked to contact HR after the interview for some veryfication. tried to get in touch with HR for 2 weeks, but got no response at all from their end.

Interview Questions
    • How many sellers are there for car tires in the United States?   View Answer