Caffè Nero Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

1.8

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)).

Interview

This was a very basic interview process that would not test most, Very standard and obvious questions with little opportunity for wrong answers. Little preparation is needed to be successful in this process.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

Group Interview, regardless of position applied. 1.5 wait to be interviewed by 5-6 people - about 2 minutes with everyone of them. If you need to practice your interview go, otherwise waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for CN? What are your week points?   1 Answer

Barista, Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

Have the relevant experience, customer service, catering, bar work, cafe, restaurants etc. Hiring process starts as soon as we give you a call; how you sound on the phone, how long it takes for you to return a call. During the interview, are you on time, how you present yourself, posture, tone , attitude, everything matters.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you weakness is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caffè Nero.

Interview

I handed my CV into the shop and spoke to the assistant manager. I had an interview given to me within the next week and then went for the interview. There were very standard questions, nothing asked was unusual. I think within the next week I got a call saying that I had got the job. It was the easiest procedure that I had been through when applying for a job. I later found out that they were desperate for staff. The same process happened with new employees when I was working. We often took them on too quickly and found many faults with their working shortly after.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a cappuccino where you work now? (they were all very standard questions)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caffè Nero (Falkirk, Scotland (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online, manager calls, invites you to interview. Go to interview, manager talks about personal problems. Go for 2nd interview with manager and area manager. Go for On Job Trial.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Handed the CV in one of the coffe shops and received a call from the store manager after two days asking for a personal interview for the next day. I accepted and the interview was very easy and like a friendly chat in the shop itself. Once we finished they asked me to do a one-hour trial shift. I did it and they said that they would call me "on Monday at 4pm". Still waiting.

Interview Questions

• None. The same questions as usually. What do you know about Nero, answering some "difficult situations" you may find, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caffè Nero (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Handed in my CV in a store, was called in for an interview with the store manager who the referred me to the area manager. Both interviews were more like a friendly chat and I was then invited for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torquay, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caffè Nero (Torquay, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Informal phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Following that, a trial shift and 20 hours dedicated to training. A 3 month probationary period is described, and a barista in training red t shirt must be worn until a test is taken to become a fully qualified barista and are able to work shifts without shadowing another member of staff.

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario where you have gone out of your way to help a member of the team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Maestro/Trainee Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northallerton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caffè Nero (Northallerton, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

I'd already been in as a customer so I knew the store manager. During my initial interview I felt very comfortable and happy, she then told me I would have a follow up interview with the Area Manager which went very smoothly. The hiring process at Caffe Nero is a lot less stressful compared to other companies and they make it feel like just a conversation rather than interrogation.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during my interview as i felt relaxed and was quite easy to answer the questions asked as if genuinely having a coffee with a friend.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate as they were very reasonable.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caffè Nero in January 2012.

Interview

I handed in my cv at the bar I was asked to come in on a specific day and we had the interview in the shop infront of customers