Caisses Desjardins

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.8

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins.

HR kept calling me to set up phone interview (pre-selective). Got sent afterwards an email containing a link to an online personality test as well as a sells/customer service test. After passing the tests, got an appointment for an interview with the caisse manager and the HR worker (not director).
       They were nice, but the more you went through the interview, the more serious the atmosphere gets, the tougher the questions were and I mean TOUGH. Be sure to be on your A game as the questions were draining! They asked for details about my personal life that I could relate to the job of being a teller... They asked tons of inappropriate questions for a simple student, part-time, temporary position. By inappropriate, I mean it had nothing to do with being a teller.
        So they're obviously testing your toughness skills, to see if you're able to control yourself in unexpected situations. However, I think they were overdoing it. Be also prepared to give a detailed plan of your academic and career path for the next 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 5 years.
       They ask for details for every answer you provide. I've also had a lot of provocative questions, to test my reactions. When you do give an answer, be prepared for the interviewer to act like your answer is rubbish. If you mention flaws (in the what are your flaws question), they will bring back your mentioned ''flaws'' to object any answer you give to future questions.
      Got a very generic email to let me know I wasn't chosen. When I tried to contact HR for feedback, would not pick up the phone or answer my one email, not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Your supervisor asks you to make an excel document for tomorrow morning (tellers don't do this---this is a teller interview). It is to be made with no mistake. How do you go on doing it during the day? How do you organize yourself knowing you have this document to type as well as your day-to-day tasks?
      (after you answer)
      Your supervisor tells you there was a mistake on your document... WHAT do you do?

Answer Question
    • What keeps you awake at night?   Answer Question
    • If you were to be an animal, which one would you be?   View Answer

Conseiller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caisses Desjardins.

Get all documents ready as they will be verified before you even start the interview process. If you fail to bring them all, your interview is cancelled.Get all documents ready as they will be verified before you even start the interview process. If you fail to bring them all, your interview is cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you are a great fit for the position   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lévis, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lévis, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins.

You have to meet the supervisor along with fellow colleagues. Then your cv is sent to HR. You have to have a desjardins bank acount. You have to meet the supervisor along with fellow colleagues. Then your cv is sent to HR. You have to have a desjardins bank acount.

Conseiller En Finances Personelles Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in September 2013.

The interview and hiring process was based on 2 different sessions. First one was in person and i was asked about my experience and accomplishments. I was then asked about what i would do differently to achieve what was not working in the new workplace and to establish a plan. The second interview was to explain my plan and i was asked to sign the job offer right away.

Interview Questions
    • not do disclose due to the fact it was too long ago and i do not remember the specifics. However it was very normal interview questions requiring little to no extensive preparations   Answer Question

Centre D'appel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in July 2013.

I applied online and i had a reply asking me to scheduled a phone the next day. i had the phone interview a couple of days later but i did bad when i had to give some answers in english. they needed fluent english speakers but i am not.

Interview Questions
    • talk about my prvious working expreience in English (I am francophone)   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in February 2013.

I applied online to the position, after which I got a call that lasted around 10 minutes. Through the phone he explained the position and asked about my interests. I was invited for a one on one interview in person. The interview was about an hour long- most of it in French.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a goal was changed and you had to change your strategy quickly.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in February 2013.

Applied for the job online. Was then contacted by someone by email and phone in order to book a time to conduct written tests before any interview. The tests are for aptitude and personality. Once called for an interview there were a panel of three individuals conducting the interview. The questions were primarily behavioral. Once I was selected for the job I received an employment contract to look over.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, I was essentially offered what I asked for.

Investment Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in October 2012.

I was called by a recruiter from Desjardins, passed the first interview over the phone right then and there and was asked to come for an interview asap( we booked one 3 days later)
    the both interview were in french. So I went for the second interview, everything went well and I was invited to stay for another hour to take some personality test, while discussing that the lady said that she likes my profile and that i'll be meeting the people from the branch after the test and that everything is great. So up till now she is clear she likes me and we are going to do the test when she looks at a document and realizes that I'm not a canadian citizen but a foreign worker. here things take another turn, she says that it is the policy of dejardins not to hire temporary workers and went on explaining the reasons behind this policy and why it makes. To me it was a load of BS and I wasn't happy at all so I recorder the conversation and tried to get more answers from her. soon after she repeated that if you are not a canadian citizen my hands are tied and can't even present your profile because it will be refused. isn't that a type of discrimination? I think it is, because my qualifications and experience comes second after my origins , isnt canada supposed to be an equal opportunities place? well apparently not accoding to Desjadins. if only the first person interviewed me correctly i wouldn't have to go thru this. I cant find any info regarding my situation online so I'm currently looking for legal advice, how can a cooperative recognized for it social involvement have such a policy something must be wrong.

Programmer-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in January 2011.

I've got a call from the HR two months later after I posted my CV at their web site. I had a face-to-face interview with the HR, then technical and personalty tests - took almost 3 hours. Then a face-to-face interview with the manager and two senior developers at the same time. The hiring process took almost 7 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • From the HR: if I had a conflict situation and how I resolved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations - I've got what I wanted.

Agent Services Financiers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caisses Desjardins in April 2010.

Step 1: Phone. They ask if you applied and when available for one on one interview.
    Step 2: Interview. with an HR manager and branch director. 15-20 minutes with general customer services interview questions.
    Step 3: 2-3 months later call you to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • What you do when you meet a member. At desjardins they call their clients, members.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as needed job badly. Harsh times.