Cal State East Bay Interview Questions in Hayward, CA

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Academic and Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I met with the interview committee (comprised of 3-4 staff members) who asked me 18-20 questions related to academic advising, career counseling, time management, experience in Higher Education, and projects. The projects question included information about planning, implementation, and assessment of the project. First interview took 45-60 minutes. After meeting with the committee, I met with the entire staff (10-12) where they have free range to ask any questions. This second part took 15-30 minutes. Lastly, I had a one-on-one interview with the Director of the department. Similar questions were asked but mostly about why I wanted to work for CSUEB.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of CSUEB's policies regarding General Education requirements.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I was part of a school organization and one of the alumni working at the Research and Sponsored Program office had a job opening for an office assistant. I sent my resume to our alumnus and was emailed back within a couple of days asking for an interview time. The interview was fairly brief and painless. Although because it was my first interview ever, I was extremely nervous. A few of days later they emailed me a rejection.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? How much do you enjoy group work? Experience when you had to deal with uncooperative group members.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

it was easy, very positive experience. The staff members which included the counselors, director, office manager and the admin support - that interviewed me were very nice and professional. Could not have asked for a friendlier environment.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA).

Interview

There were 2 rounds: (1) phone screening: I was invited for an onsite interview then and there itself (2) onsite interview: I was asked general questions on networking and troubleshooting Windows, Linux, etc. I was also given certain ticketing issues cases to put under the most to least priority list. S

Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Only one interview. Pretty straight forward, no surprise questions. If you've been to other interviews, you will likely be ready. As a matter of fact, even if this is your first interview you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a pretty simply process, I was interview by two interviewers. The questions were pretty straight forward, "tell me about your leadership abilities" and "tell me about a time where you faced a tough situation". There are are a couple situational questions, those are pretty straight forward as well.

Interview Questions

• If you finished all your tasks what you you do?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor and Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online in Aug. Called for an interview in Sept. Interviewed with dept dir and two mem of dept leadership team (one hour). Mostly behavioral, some non-directive questions. Same day proceeded to second half of the interview (one hour) with entire dept. Round robin questions--checking for a match.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Being that it's education and such a large organization, it'll take a while for you find out whether you have been selected to interview; approx. 3 months. Interviews consist of panel. Typically it'll be 3 people that are currently working in the department you applying for. They will each take a turn to ask a question. Their questions and screening instruments have been approved by HR. After the interview you are graded on a scale and those who receive the most points are considered. Then the panel narrows and it down and lets HR know which candidate they would like to make a job offer to. HR has to approve this and give the okay for supervisors to make the job offer

Interview Questions

• Guaranteed question will be your organization skills and how you will prioritize, handle an issue with a coworker, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Lecturer A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cal State East Bay (Hayward, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Casual and comfortable, with questions about my experiences teaching both lecture and laboratory courses and my preferences for teaching and scheduling as well as workload and advising. He left room for my questions and gave me a tour of the department and choice of where my office would be and an overview of the social structure of the department.

Interview Questions

• What courses do you feel capable and willing to teach?   1 Answer