CalFinder Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at CalFinder

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFinder (Oakland, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Got a call and then went for a formal interview and then got a call and bam!

Interview Questions

• Why you wanna work here, what makes you wanna sell, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

i know the base and took it, needed the job, but now hating it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CalFinder (Oakland, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard inside sales for a company that is growing. Why do you want to work here. Your experience with psychological selling. The managers do a really good job explaining the company. The high turnover. It takes a particular rep to succeed in this position, so you get grilled in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CalFinder (Oakland, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was hired by an utter moron. There were emails exchanged. The sales manager was very clearly not an intelligent person. They made the job sound like so much more than it was. They hyped it up. I just said, "yes, yes. That sounds good. Yes, yes. Sure. Absolutely." They just kept saying how great they were. Asked me a few questions like, what do you say if a customers wants this....? etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you take objections.   1 Answer
    • Do you mind making 200 calls a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not accept their first offer. Push for more. Believe me, they are giving you as low as they can. You can get more if you believe in yourself. But, don't work here anyway. This place is terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CalFinder (Oakland, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very amateur. Real dumb questions about selling. The funny thing is, the person doing the interview isn't even a good salesperson, so how could they recognize someone good if they see it. The questions were vague, dumb, pointless, and easy to give B.S. answers to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're good at sales?   1 Answer
    • Can you make over 100 calls a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existant. Their salaries are fixed and are horrible. Lowest inside sales base salary around.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFinder (Oakland, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very amateur. The hiring Manager was rude and asked ridiculous questions such as " How do I know you're a closer". I've been in professional sales for 7 years. This company hires sales reps, wants them to make 80-100 calls a day. Most burn out in the first month, and then they just bring the next group in to burn through.

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CalFinder (Oakland, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone first. I then met one-on-one with the hiring specialist, then the COO of the company. The final interview was with the manager of Support.

Interview Questions

• How would you want your performance judged in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice is to try to negotiate first, always, for any job.