CalFinder

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CalFinder in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired by an utter moron. There were emails exchanged. The sales manager was very clearly not an intelligent person. They made the job sound like so much more than it was. They hyped it up. I just said, "yes, yes. That sounds good. Yes, yes. Sure. Absolutely." They just kept saying how great they were. Asked me a few questions like, what do you say if a customers wants this....? etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Do not accept their first offer. Push for more. Believe me, they are giving you as low as they can. You can get more if you believe in yourself. But, don't work here anyway. This place is terrible.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CalFinder in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call and then went for a formal interview and then got a call and bam!

Interview Question – Why you wanna work here, what makes you wanna sell, etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i know the base and took it, needed the job, but now hating it

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CalFinder in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty standard inside sales for a company that is growing. Why do you want to work here. Your experience with psychological selling. The managers do a really good job explaining the company. The high turnover. It takes a particular rep to succeed in this position, so you get grilled in the interview.

Interview Question – Describe your experience in psychological selling.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CalFinder in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very amateur. Real dumb questions about selling. The funny thing is, the person doing the interview isn't even a good salesperson, so how could they recognize someone good if they see it. The questions were vague, dumb, pointless, and easy to give B.S. answers to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non-existant. Their salaries are fixed and are horrible. Lowest inside sales base salary around.

Support Interview

Support
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CalFinder in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by phone first. I then met one-on-one with the hiring specialist, then the COO of the company. The final interview was with the manager of Support.

Interview Question – How would you want your performance judged in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Advice is to try to negotiate first, always, for any job.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Oakland, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CalFinder in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very amateur. The hiring Manager was rude and asked ridiculous questions such as " How do I know you're a closer". I've been in professional sales for 7 years. This company hires sales reps, wants them to make 80-100 calls a day. Most burn out in the first month, and then they just bring the next group in to burn through.

Interview Question – How do I know you're a closer?   Answer Question

Worked for CalFinder? Contribute to the Community!