CalFirst Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked if I had prior sales experience (which they knew from my resume that I did not) and if that experience involved pay plus commission. They seemed to be more interested than commission based pay. The corporate recruiter (old guy in his late 70s) tells you that the starting salary is $50,000 base pay plus a draw on commissions, full medical and dental benefits and matching 401K. He explains that it will take a full 8 months before you will realize a sale. You have to make 50-80 calls a day. You must stay within your assigned area. I was told if they were interested I'd be hearing from a Sales Manager who would set up a second interview. Make sure to go on their two websites (they do bank loans and leasing equipment) before the interview so you can speak intelligently about the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Q: Did that experience involve commissions?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CalFirst.

Interview

Easy interview with the recruiter in HR. Met with the sales manager right away on the same day. They set up the SVP interview the next day. The process was quicker than other companies.

Interview Questions

• How many calls do you make a day?   1 Answer

Telemarketing position not account management

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I do NOT have a financial background whatsoever. A recruiter phoned me and said her had reviewed my resume and wanted to have me come down after a brief spiel about the firm and all of its great qualities. We scheduled the interview and I was met by this older man (close to seventy) who could not answer a single question I had about the company/bank. Since he was the recruiter (on the job for two months) he kept referring me to the Sales manager. The recruiter kept asking me about comission rates and salaries from prior companies plus how many phone calls I made daily. Apparently, one gets to make one hundefred calls a day with this outfit.

Interview Questions

• What does that mean? (referring to a manufacturing company) He was clueless as to what industrial sales meant.   1 Answer
    • Wht does this company do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter. The initial meeting was first with the recruiter, where he went over the company, responsibilities, and pay. Then asked if you are able to come in for a group interview, which occurred later in the evening. My group interview got cancel because they decided to do 1-1 interviews instead. I met with the VP and then with two hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter and came in for a 1 on 1 interview with a vp and two new dm's. Also met with two other executives I think one was the owner. My impression of the first vp I met with and the 2 dm's was not positive. One was unshaven and his shirt was wrinkled and dirty. The two dm's seemed to have very little leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• One of the dm's asked why sales? He seemed to be disqualifying me not qualifying me.   Answer Question

I declined because after meeting with them I did not think the company was a professional organization where I could have career advancement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

one on one with Hiring manager and then a group interview. Very fast process.

Credit Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst in July 2013.

Interview

standard interview. they mainly tell you about the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered more than I expected

Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online via the website and then received an invitation to attend a group meeting after phone interview. However, 2 weeks later some lady email me saying to send her a resume for another job posting even though there's only one job listing for this company. Anyways I get the phone call for the interview 2 weeks later and then extended invitation to move on to the group meeting within the following weeks. Never happened. Same thing happened back in 2006.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

1on1 with HR, then group panel. Questions are pretty straight forward. They want to see that you are competitive. They may ask questions that pit you against your competitor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a book you read recently   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CalFirst (Irvine, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1 on 1 interview was pretty simple, basic questions. I think they send a call back to everyone for the group interview. Group interview was 3 hours long. Consists of presentation, then two separate smaller group interviews with 3 other interviewees. You have to participate and put yourselves out there. At the end of the day they want someone who can communicate well and make sales.

Interview Questions

• In ten words or less, each of you explain to me what our company does   Answer Question