CalFirst Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at CalFirst

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CalFirst.

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter. The initial meeting was first with the recruiter, where he went over the company, responsibilities, and pay. Then asked if you are able to come in for a group interview, which occurred later in the evening. My group interview got cancel because they decided to do 1-1 interviews instead. I met with the VP and then with two hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst in January 2014.

Got a call from a recruiter and came in for a 1 on 1 interview with a vp and two new dm's. Also met with two other executives I think one was the owner. My impression of the first vp I met with and the 2 dm's was not positive. One was unshaven and his shirt was wrinkled and dirty. The two dm's seemed to have very little leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • One of the dm's asked why sales? He seemed to be disqualifying me not qualifying me.   Answer Question

I declined because after meeting with them I did not think the company was a professional organization where I could have career advancement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst in December 2013.

one on one with Hiring manager and then a group interview. Very fast process.

Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CalFirst in June 2012.

I applied online via the website and then received an invitation to attend a group meeting after phone interview. However, 2 weeks later some lady email me saying to send her a resume for another job posting even though there's only one job listing for this company. Anyways I get the phone call for the interview 2 weeks later and then extended invitation to move on to the group meeting within the following weeks. Never happened. Same thing happened back in 2006.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CalFirst in February 2011.

1on1 with HR, then group panel. Questions are pretty straight forward. They want to see that you are competitive. They may ask questions that pit you against your competitor.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a book you read recently   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CalFirst in January 2011.

1 on 1 interview was pretty simple, basic questions. I think they send a call back to everyone for the group interview. Group interview was 3 hours long. Consists of presentation, then two separate smaller group interviews with 3 other interviewees. You have to participate and put yourselves out there. At the end of the day they want someone who can communicate well and make sales.

Interview Questions
    • In ten words or less, each of you explain to me what our company does   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CalFirst in September 2010.

Easy Phone, Laid Back 1:1, Group vs Group final interview.

Just be very confident, ambitious, social, and yourself during the whole thing. Of course professional too.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different? Followed by what makes you so confident?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want sales? Are you sure you want sales?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at CalFirst in July 2010.

I was called in for a 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager toward the tail end of their hiring process and came in a couple of days later. The interview was pretty standard, but the interviewer seemingly showed almost no interest at all in my answers. Admittedly, I read some negative press about the job before the interview, and I may have seemed a little bit lackluster during the interview. The interviewer spent a few minutes criticizing me on the way I answered my questions. To me, these things seemed irreconcilable for my candidacy for the position, and I really expected them to close the book on me at that point. But they invited me to the second round anyway. I didn't really understand, but I went on anyway. They didn't pay for my parking.

The second round interview was a couple of days later (for some people, it was more than a month later) and consisted of about 25 interviewees going in for 10-12 positions, with people interviewing in groups of 2-3 with panels of 3 employees. Not a terrible ratio, but there were still a lot of people. The time spent at the interview was about 3 hours, and this included an introduction to the company, two 15 minute and a short writing assessment. In between these activities, I think they expect you to talk to other interviewees, hiring managers, and current employees since a big part of the business is being able to make small talk and seem personable with others. The interviews themselves were a little bit awkward because a few of the questions they asked seemed to pit the three of us against each other, but the interviewers themselves were pretty friendly. This time, they ended up paying for our parking, but I didn't understand why they didn't pay for it last time. I could tell that I wasn't on my best game for the interview and when they didn't get back to me that night (they said they would), I was assuming I didn't get the job. However, they called me back the next day and offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose one person among the three of you to hire, who would you choose?   Answer Question
    • Name a book that you read recently.   Answer Question

The company seemed very desperate for people to man the phones and call potential customers. As I mentioned above, I didn't feel like this was one of my best interviews (not saying that it wasn't at least partially my fault), so I was pretty surprised and skeptical when I was told I was being offered the position. They told us a lot of success stories for Sales Associates at the company, but the company culture seemed a little bit cold and unwelcoming to those who weren't successful. Although I was unemployed at the time, I felt that my time could be better spent at home, looking for better and safer opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CalFirst in January 2010.

first is one on one. then a group interview where you go in three at a time.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone gets asked this question: Tell me something that you have read recently that is interesting.   Answer Question
    • What would you do to make yourself memorable on a sales call (phone).   Answer Question