CalFirst Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CalFirst in January 2011.

1 on 1 interview was pretty simple, basic questions. I think they send a call back to everyone for the group interview. Group interview was 3 hours long. Consists of presentation, then two separate smaller group interviews with 3 other interviewees. You have to participate and put yourselves out there. At the end of the day they want someone who can communicate well and make sales.

Interview Questions
  • In ten words or less, each of you explain to me what our company does   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CalFirst

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CalFirst in January 2010.

first is one on one. then a group interview where you go in three at a time.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone gets asked this question: Tell me something that you have read recently that is interesting.   Answer Question
    • What would you do to make yourself memorable on a sales call (phone).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CalFirst in September 2010.

Easy Phone, Laid Back 1:1, Group vs Group final interview.

Just be very confident, ambitious, social, and yourself during the whole thing. Of course professional too.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different? Followed by what makes you so confident?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want sales? Are you sure you want sales?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CalFirst in July 2010.

I was called in for a 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager toward the tail end of their hiring process and came in a couple of days later. The interview was pretty standard, but the interviewer seemingly showed almost no interest at all in my answers. Admittedly, I read some negative press about the job before the interview, and I may have seemed a little bit lackluster during the interview. The interviewer spent a few minutes criticizing me on the way I answered my questions. To me, these things seemed irreconcilable for my candidacy for the position, and I really expected them to close the book on me at that point. But they invited me to the second round anyway. I didn't really understand, but I went on anyway. They didn't pay for my parking.

The second round interview was a couple of days later (for some people, it was more than a month later) and consisted of about 25 interviewees going in for 10-12 positions, with people interviewing in groups of 2-3 with panels of 3 employees. Not a terrible ratio, but there were still a lot of people. The time spent at the interview was about 3 hours, and this included an introduction to the company, two 15 minute and a short writing assessment. In between these activities, I think they expect you to talk to other interviewees, hiring managers, and current employees since a big part of the business is being able to make small talk and seem personable with others. The interviews themselves were a little bit awkward because a few of the questions they asked seemed to pit the three of us against each other, but the interviewers themselves were pretty friendly. This time, they ended up paying for our parking, but I didn't understand why they didn't pay for it last time. I could tell that I wasn't on my best game for the interview and when they didn't get back to me that night (they said they would), I was assuming I didn't get the job. However, they called me back the next day and offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose one person among the three of you to hire, who would you choose?   Answer Question
    • Name a book that you read recently.   Answer Question

The company seemed very desperate for people to man the phones and call potential customers. As I mentioned above, I didn't feel like this was one of my best interviews (not saying that it wasn't at least partially my fault), so I was pretty surprised and skeptical when I was told I was being offered the position. They told us a lot of success stories for Sales Associates at the company, but the company culture seemed a little bit cold and unwelcoming to those who weren't successful. Although I was unemployed at the time, I felt that my time could be better spent at home, looking for better and safer opportunities.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CalFirst in March 2012.

Got call from lady from Calfirst website. She asked me simple questions like why do you want to work here and why do you think it fits you. I told her I wanted to make a lot of $ for them and myself and got exp doing coldcalling. She said she'd call again to invite to group interview but never happened.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CalFirst in May 2011.

Short Phone interview, basically just to invite you to your first interview. First interview was a week later and was pretty laidback (no questions out of the ordinary). 2 weeks later I was called back for the group interview. The group interview had about 20 people invited back. The day consisted of an intro to the company 2 separate 15 min interviews. Also, a short writing assignment concerning an email you would send to a potential client.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CalFirst in May 2010.

There were two interviews, a one-on-one interview and a Group interview.

The one-on-one interview was a very typical interview, you can expect the typical interview questions. I was invited back for a second interview a week later.

The second interview as a group interview. 22 candidates were invited back, everyone looked sharp and very confident. Candidates were taken in groups of 2 or 3 to meet with interviewers in two different rooms. Very intimidating interview environment. I did not receive a job offer even though I answered the questions very well. Make sure to make small talk with candidates, interviewers and current employees!

Interviews for Top Jobs at CalFirst

Worked for CalFirst? Contribute to the Community!