Cala Product Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Marketing Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cala Product.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people. Was asked to do a test on the software I would be working on which I found pointless, it was very basic and pretty impossible to get a degree in the field if you don't know how to do what you're tested on.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cala Product (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. It sounded like they can offer a very promissing future, but they gave me a bunch of dead/old accounts to follow up, but they were turned away due to the poor customer service.

Product Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cala Product in September 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an interview. Person on the phone didn't sound professional. No confirmation e-mail (time, address, directions,...) was sent. Arrived 10 minutes early and the receptionist had me fill in an outdated-looking, faded inked application form with random questionnaires that had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. The facility itself is located in a dumpy, sketchy neighborhood; I felt uneasy walking from my parked car to the entrance. Half an hour or so later, I was greeted by a Korean woman who seemed like the owner of the company. She asked me tons of questions with her broken English and never once made any eye contact with me. She was looking at my resume the whole time but the answers of her questions were all written on my resume. For instance, "Do you have any experience in the beauty world?" "Did you go to college?" "Did you understand project management?" At that point I knew I'd be depressed to work for her; let alone having a conversation with her.

Export Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cala Product (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The first 1:1 interview was pretty positive and I was told to scheduled a second interview, which I did right away. But when I arrived for the second interview, the person who was supposed to interview me was not in the office and the assistant looked surprised with my appontment. The VP assistant interviewed me for a few minutes and told me that she would pass my resume to the VP, and I never received any response later. I am glad that I did not receive any offer from this company. how serious would it be with a company like this?

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cala Product in May 2012.

Interview

Called me days earlier to set up an interview and very disappointed that the interviewer was not very prepared and only asked few questions (from the one page form). Very basic questions like, what sales experience do you have? salary requirement? I believed you could ask those thru the phone. It only took 2 minutes to complete the interview and I did not hear from them again since my salary requirement must be much higher than they were ready to pay. Well, I find them unprofessional and should not waste our time.