Calgary Board of Education Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Calgary Board of Education

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Calgary Board of Education.

I had applied on-line and was invited to Calgary (from out of town) for an interview at the downtown office in the afternoon. From application time to interview was only a couple of weeks. The person who interviewed me was quite friendly in a "if you give me all the right answers, you can join my club" -ish sort of a way.

Interview Questions
    • The question I remember the most had something to do with how I felt about grading. As soon as I said I felt that it was a good tool for teacher accountability I could sense that the interview was over. And it made me extremely uncomfortable that the interviewer was so uncomfortable with this answer. In retrospect I guess I should have known better as CBE is a gigantic bureaucracy; with all that entails. i.e. hide out in your silo until you can retire and pass the buck.

I really have no idea why I went to this interview since I had already worked in one educational Titanic where I unequivocally discovered that I do not have a bureaucratic bone in my body. I guess Pavlov's dogs are smarter than me. At any rate, I got a form letter a few days later thanking me for my time and saying something to the effect that I was not philosophically a good match. A fact to which I chuckled and said Amen!

Answer Question

Staffing and Recruitment Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Calgary Board of Education in July 2010.

I applied for the position in May and had completely forgotten about it when I got the call for an interview in July. The people who interviewed were a great group and I think I would have really enjoyed working with them. The best advice I can give is that it seems that in order to be successful with the Calgary Board of Education it is important to be a former teacher or principle.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ensure that something you are communicating is understood?   Answer Question

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Calgary Board of Education in September 2008.

I was interviewed by three folks. Two principals and the director. They took turn asking questions related to educational direction of the board and how you might implement these changes. It was very informative to me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see Elmore's work impacting your work?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part of teaching - writing or reading?   Answer Question

School wasn't a good fit.