California Casualty

3.5

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at California Casualty.

Excellent process and on the ball! Their HR department is one of the best I've seen! I feel bad that they do all this work getting awesome employees, yet the managers do things that make the employees feel undervalued, so they leave. I am willing to bet that their HR department sees this but can't do anything about it.

Interview Questions
    • Why you were leaving your last company.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at California Casualty.

The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes long. The first half was them informing you about the company, the position and lastly the benefits and pay rate at time of hire. The last portion was about your previous work experience and 6 STAR interview questions, which are basically thinking back to a certain situational experience type of question.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were average for a large company interview.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at California Casualty in November 2014.

I applied online in early October. I was contacted for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. The interview was scheduled that same week and took a little over an hour. The first half hour was a presentation/overview of the company. Many of my questions were answered during this time, so I liked this aspect of the interview.

The next part of the interview was a Q&A for situational, job-related experiences. I was asked to provide specific, detailed examples and my responses were documented.

Once the interview was complete, I was told I would contacted by the hiring managers for an in-person interview. I received that call about 10 days later. I was called in and completed two in-person interviews over the course of the next week. I was called later that week and offered the job.

The entire process took about 6 weeks and required:
    1 phone interview
    2 skills assessment tests
    5 professional references
    2 in-person interviews

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. During the initial phone interview they asked me for my salary requirements. They offered me well above what I was expecting. I am very satisfied with the starting pay; it compliments my education and skills.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at California Casualty.

It was extensive but California Casualty only hires the best, so that is to be expected. The HR team is very welcoming and I loved talking with them on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • They are situational questions- you think back to a past situation and tell them all about it.   Answer Question
    I did no negotiate- the offer was above my expectations- they pay very well

Senior Programmer Analyst II Interview

Initial interview with recruiter went well. Selected for next stage. Was asked for online skill survey for references. Went well. Waited for multiple weeks to know the final result.Sensed something off in the Recruitment process. Advice to the Job seekers is do not spend time over online skill survey unless the recruiter is very sure of the vacancy. There are some pilot projects related to online skill survey for which you could be a candidate. As needed just give 1-2 professional references do not spend time over online skill surveys

Field Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at California Casualty.

Very extensive. On line questions, telephone interview followed by 2 or 3 face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    salary is set based on position and location

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at California Casualty.

Received email to take initial assessment after completion I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and the position was described and behavioral questions were asked. Next I had an in person interview and additional assessment. Lastly, a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are behavioral/situational. Tell me about a time... You must have specific scenarios.   View Answer
    I'm not a negotiator. I gladly accepted the offer.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at California Casualty.

Very long, like 5 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Not to many tricky questions, most of the standard questions.   Answer Question
    Pretty simple, was happy with the offer

Field Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at California Casualty.

I submitted my resume to HR and received a call back a few days later. I had a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with direct supervisor. I then had a series of four in person interviews and a ride along. The whole process took several months.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic behavioral questions along with strengths/weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at California Casualty in August 2012.

Uncommonly pleasant people to meet with. You could not ask for better.

Interview Questions
    • 6 of the "Tell me of a time you......"   View Answer