California Culinary Academy

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Culinary Academy.

Interview Details – First interview with the Executive Chef. Standard questions about past experience were asked. Focus on curriculum development as a new course was being established.Followed by a practical kitchen stage. Then a 45 minutes classroom lecture. Both these were judged by about 5-6 faculty members. Final interview with the Director of education.

Interview Question – No. The interview process was very standard .Questions were about past experience and course related.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at California Culinary Academy.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Director of Admissions and the Preident of the school all in the same day. The next day they offered me the job and I accepted, a decision I will always regret.

Interview Question – The President of the school literally sat there and just asked me general interview questiosn that he was reading off of a script. It is extremely easy to just tell him what he wants to hear. I am pretty sure they would hire a horse if it could talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutley no room for negotiations.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for California Culinary Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at California Culinary Academy interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by California Culinary Academy employees and interview candidates.