California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.1

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Met with a group of managers in downtown Sacramento, they asked me questions about myself and my goals for this position. We talked about my goals and aspirations and how I could contribute to the team. They were intrigued by my skills. I received an offer that same week. The panel of people was about 5 managers from different parts of the division.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Regiatered Nurse DCF Level I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview due to pregnancy matters. The medical coordinator Melissa was very polite and consistent in updating me about the interview. The phone interview ran about almost 30 minutes. The Director of Nursing and a Nursing Supervisor were the ones who conducted the interview. They were the one who set the mood for the exchange of conversation. Both of them were accommodating and professional. They made it clear from the beginning that if I cannot here them properly,I can ask them to repeat the questions for me to comprehend. To conclude the interview,they asked me if I have questions for them. Overall,it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• -How do you feel working in a correctional facility and inmates? -Do you mind working in different shifts,weekends,holidays,even extend hours or facility transfer if needed? -Tell us about your nursing experience. -Situational questions such as : 1.What are you going to do if an inmate wrote a note telling he wants to commit suicide? 2.Signs of hypo/hyperglycemia and how would you treat them? 3.Patient came in with complaint of chest pain,how would you assess the pain? What do you think is the possible diagnosis?   Answer Question

Accounting Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview

After I sent my application by mail, I received a letter with an interview date and details for a week later. When I arrived, I received a packet of papers to fill out. Most were basic forms pertaining to references/address/social security and criminal history background information. The last page of the packet was an essay style question to test writing skills and knowledge on internal controls. I believe you are suppose to have a set amount of time to do this packet, but they were running behind so I basically had as much time as I wanted. After that, you go into a room with a computer and do a timed excel/word activity. After that, i met with a panel of three people. There I was asked some behavioral questions and also to define abatement and reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• Define abatement, reimbursement and internal controls.   Answer Question

Interview

When the state has an opening, they need to fill it FAST. I got a call Friday afternoon asking for an interview Monday morning. I went in and they were way behind schedule, about an hour late. They sat me at a desk and gave me a sheet of the interview questions - about 20 of them, and very in depth. Glad I had that hour to really prepare my answers. It was specific to the job - asking about previous coordinating experience, how do you deal with bad coworkers, etc. Not too bad, just have a ton of concrete examples to talk about. They don't want abstract "I'm a hard worker" but rather "Last week when 3 of my coworkers called in sick I jumped on and helped our unit stay on track." I went into the interview, which was 2 people (a 3rd was supposed to be there, but the doctor was too busy). They asked me all the questions, and it lasted about half an hour. Then they lead me to a desk with a computer and gave me a sheet of paper. They told me to follow the directions on the paper, and I had half an hour. This is called an "inbox exercise" and it's fairly common with CCHCS.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us, about a situation in which you had to plan a large project?"   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job in April. I was called for an interview in November. I was hired in January. I was interviewed by the Senior Librarian, the SAI and the SCEP. Only the Senior Librarian knows about the job; the other two are former teachers. The interview was standard; no surprises. However, the job consist of less librarian tasks and more custody tasks, and this was not brought to my attention at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a library that is, technologically speaking, significantly behind current library standards, ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The government has a predetermined salary schedule. They start you at the first step, regardless of your experience.

Accountant I - Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Paso Robles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process consist of self evaluation exam done online and a panel interview. State Application forms should be sent to the hiring and planning personnel in the headquarters (at my time, but after a year, the state application forms should now be mailed to the regional offices or facilities). An offer for panel screening to the most desirable applicants. The panel interview is a series of questions that test the the applicants if they have knowledge or idea about the office operations.

Interview Questions

• Since I am applying for AP specialist, they ask me about the accounts payable cycle. The question or query is "describe the AP cycle".   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is subject to budget cuts and hiring freeze, you may consider waiting for a month of two months prior to making final decisions on leaving your current employer or moving into this job.

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Vacaville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

it was a panel interview and it lasted about 15 min. they asked me about 6 questions and the panel took turns asking questions. I was asked to provide three references.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you are qualified for this position   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview

Test and experience based

Interview Questions

• How would you fix this problem that has been ongiing for years?   1 Answer

Location

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Short on-line questionnaire followed by a written examination, physical fitness examination, medical examination, written psychological examination, in person psychological interview, and a background examination.

Interview Questions

• Expect interesting questions during the psychological testing phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable terms.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Susanville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (Susanville, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

You will sit in front of a panel of 3-5 future-superiors of different management levels. They will ask you the same questions that everyone else is asked, which is why it is forbidden to discuss the interview with the other candidates.