California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

www.cdcr.ca.gov

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Librarian Interview

Librarian
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 9 months - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in April. I was called for an interview in November. I was hired in January. I was interviewed by the Senior Librarian, the SAI and the SCEP. Only the Senior Librarian knows about the job; the other two are former teachers. The interview was standard; no surprises. However, the job consist of less librarian tasks and more custody tasks, and this was not brought to my attention at the time of the interview.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work in a library that is, technologically speaking, significantly behind current library standards, ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The government has a predetermined salary schedule. They start you at the first step, regardless of your experience.

Correctional Administrator Interview

Correctional Administrator

I applied through other source and interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview Details – Test and experience based

Interview Question – How would you fix this problem that has been ongiing for years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Location

Correctional Officer Interview

Correctional Officer
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Interview Details – Short on-line questionnaire followed by a written examination, physical fitness examination, medical examination, written psychological examination, in person psychological interview, and a background examination.

Interview Question – Expect interesting questions during the psychological testing phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable terms.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting Officer Interview

Accounting Officer
Stockton, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in May 2008.

Interview Details – Upon interview arrival, received list of interview questions to prepare for. Given 10-15 minutes to prepare and was interviewed by two supervisors.

Interview Question – What is the definition of abatement, ledger, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation as this is state service employment.

Correctional Sergeant Interview

Correctional Sergeant

The process took a day - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in June 2009.

Interview Details – All interviews for promotions are basically the same. You are sitting in front of a panel that usually consists of Captains and Lieutenants. For the position of Sergeant you are asked about alarm response, sexual harassment and paperwork common to the department. The questions will mainly consist of scenarios.

Interview Question – Describe for us the Use of Force policy of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Dentist Interview

Dentist

The process took a day - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 on 1 interview for an hour. Basic behavioral interview.

Interview Question – What are your strengths   Answer Question

Board of Prison Terms Interview

Board of Prison Terms

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in October 2008.

Interview Details – I felt that there was already a person promised the job. The interviewers were not interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

Worked for California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!