California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

www.cdcr.ca.gov

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014
8 interviews

2.8

Staff Service Analyst Interview

When the state has an opening, they need to fill it FAST. I got a call Friday afternoon asking for an interview Monday morning. I went in and they were way behind schedule, about an hour late. They sat me at a desk and gave me a sheet of the interview questions - about 20 of them, and very in depth. Glad I had that hour to really prepare my answers. It was specific to the job - asking about previous coordinating experience, how do you deal with bad coworkers, etc. Not too bad, just have a ton of concrete examples to talk about. They don't want abstract "I'm a hard worker" but rather "Last week when 3 of my coworkers called in sick I jumped on and helped our unit stay on track." I went into the interview, which was 2 people (a 3rd was supposed to be there, but the doctor was too busy). They asked me all the questions, and it lasted about half an hour. Then they lead me to a desk with a computer and gave me a sheet of paper. They told me to follow the directions on the paper, and I had half an hour. This is called an "inbox exercise" and it's fairly common with CCHCS.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us, about a situation in which you had to plan a large project?"   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 9 months - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

I applied for the job in April. I was called for an interview in November. I was hired in January. I was interviewed by the Senior Librarian, the SAI and the SCEP. Only the Senior Librarian knows about the job; the other two are former teachers. The interview was standard; no surprises. However, the job consist of less librarian tasks and more custody tasks, and this was not brought to my attention at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work in a library that is, technologically speaking, significantly behind current library standards, ?   Answer Question
    The government has a predetermined salary schedule. They start you at the first step, regardless of your experience.

Correctional Administrator Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Test and experience based

Interview Questions
    • How would you fix this problem that has been ongiing for years?   View Answer

Location

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Short on-line questionnaire followed by a written examination, physical fitness examination, medical examination, written psychological examination, in person psychological interview, and a background examination.

Interview Questions
    • Expect interesting questions during the psychological testing phase.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable terms.

Accounting Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in May 2008.

Upon interview arrival, received list of interview questions to prepare for. Given 10-15 minutes to prepare and was interviewed by two supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • What is the definition of abatement, ledger, etc.   View Answer
    No salary negotiation as this is state service employment.

Correctional Sergeant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in June 2009.

All interviews for promotions are basically the same. You are sitting in front of a panel that usually consists of Captains and Lieutenants. For the position of Sergeant you are asked about alarm response, sexual harassment and paperwork common to the department. The questions will mainly consist of scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for us the Use of Force policy of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.   Answer Question
    None

Dentist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in January 2011.

2 on 1 interview for an hour. Basic behavioral interview.

Board of Prison Terms Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in October 2008.

I felt that there was already a person promised the job. The interviewers were not interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

Worked for California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!