California Department of Justice

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Department of Justice

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California Department of Justice (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Relaxing and surprisingly casual. I was expecting a much more intense interview process but it was much more laid back. It really was more of a causal conversation. After the interview, I felt genuinely more excited to work for them.

Interview Questions

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at California Department of Justice in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a school contact. The interview was a panel consisting of a SDAG (Senior District Attorney), the Sr. Legal Analyst, and another Legal Analyst. They started with the question tell me a little about yourself and then asked about my education and courses. They let me know fairly quickly whether or not I got the position. My advice in interviewing is emphasize your writing abilities, bring a writing sample. This is an unpaid position but can be used to gain a lot of experience. Many legal interns stay for 6 months or more. There is plenty to learn and those that work there are very friendly.

Interview Questions