California Department of Motor Vehicles

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.4

Motor Vehicle Representative Interview

Must sign up for a test that is only administered during certain times. Then applied to open positions I sent a cover letter, resume, score for test, and application. I would send one-two every week for 6 months. Waited over 6 months to get an interview and 3 months to be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define integrity? Give an example of how you would handle a customer who spoke in a foreign language? Give an example of a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled it? If you overhear a co-worker giving wrong information to a customer what would you do? (Hint: wait till the customer left and give them the correct information and if possible call the customer to give the correct information)   Answer Question
    Filled out many forms, no negotiation.

Motor Vehicle Field Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles.

Applied online and signed up to take an assessment first. Got results in roughly 6 weeks and corresponding departments send out mail to apply. Got a letter about three weeks later and a job interview 2 weeks later. Still waiting to hear from interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe what you believe the duties of a MVR. Define customer service.
      2. Define a dependable employee and explain how your work ethic fits this description?
      3. If we contact your current supervisor, what will your supervisor says about attendance, interpersonal skills, and dependability?

View Answers (4)

Phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in August 2011.

taking the online test, interview with a panel.

Interview Questions
    • give an example when you did to calm a very irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in February 2011.

Had to pass a general knowledge test before being put on a wait list. Received a phone call, asking general questions (What would you do in this situation, can you define a team, etc.)

Position was offered pending a fingerprint/background check.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. State job.

Motor Vewhicle Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in May 2008.

Panel of interviewers. Normal questions on customer service, money handling, and working as a team player. Asked why I felt I was qualified.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a difficult customer service situation asnd how I resolved it.   View Answers (2)

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles.

The application is done online via University Enterprises. I got a phone call interview after my application was submitted, and received a job offer on the spot. It was a very easy, non threatening interview; something much appreciated for my first foray into the job market!