California Department of Motor Vehicles

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Motor Vehicle Field Representative

I applied online and interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles.

Interview Details – Applied online and signed up to take an assessment first. Got results in roughly 6 weeks and corresponding departments send out mail to apply. Got a letter about three weeks later and a job interview 2 weeks later. Still waiting to hear from interview.

Interview Question – 1. Describe what you believe the duties of a MVR. Define customer service.
2. Define a dependable employee and explain how your work ethic fits this description?
3. If we contact your current supervisor, what will your supervisor says about attendance, interpersonal skills, and dependability?
  View Answers (3)

Interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – How will you handle angry customer ?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in August 2011.

Interview Details – taking the online test, interview with a panel.

Interview Question – give an example when you did to calm a very irate customer.   Answer Question

Motor Vewhicle Field Representative Interview

Motor Vewhicle Field Representative
Ventura, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in May 2008.

Interview Details – Panel of interviewers. Normal questions on customer service, money handling, and working as a team player. Asked why I felt I was qualified.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a difficult customer service situation asnd how I resolved it.   View Answers (2)

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in February 2011.

Interview Details – Had to pass a general knowledge test before being put on a wait list. Received a phone call, asking general questions (What would you do in this situation, can you define a team, etc.)

Position was offered pending a fingerprint/background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. State job.

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles.

Interview Details – The application is done online via University Enterprises. I got a phone call interview after my application was submitted, and received a job offer on the spot. It was a very easy, non threatening interview; something much appreciated for my first foray into the job market!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for California Department of Motor Vehicles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at California Department of Motor Vehicles interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by California Department of Motor Vehicles employees and interview candidates.