California Employment Development Department

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.2

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at California Employment Development Department (Elk Grove, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty extensive interview. We had to answer a prompt determining if a potential claimant deserves to qualify for unemployment benefits. We also had to answer a basic math and english test. Afterwards, i had to read off a sample phone script asking the individual questions based on the position they use to work for and also assuring them that once they give out their social security number, it will be confidential. And lastly, a panel interview with two managers asking you questions based on your experience for the most part. In about a few weeks I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation from your previous employer were you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Tax Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at California Employment Development Department (Alameda, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Sat in front of panel and answered questions about my past career experience. I was asked what would I do in various situations. The interview was intimidating because I was talking to several people at once. The interview took an hour and a half. Overall I had a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where I had to explain my findings to an angry customer?   Answer Question

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at California Employment Development Department in November 2014.

Interview

First I was given an assignment to compose an ad about upcoming workshop. Then it was a panel interview. Questions: why do you think you are a match? tell a situation when you provided excellent customer service to a diversity group, what tools and strategies will you use providing WIA services?

Interview Questions

• what tools and strategies will you use providing WIA services?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview

Panel interview, includes small exam, Questions are based on experience. You will be asked alot of questions where you have to describe a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you priortize your duties

Employment Program Representative Interview

Interview

Very lengthy and diverse 1 day process. Quick 10 minute basic math test, followed by a phone script that must be typed out with a manager. Then you read a scenario and have about 20 minutes to type out a response and decide whether the person qualifies for unemployment. Lastly is the face to face interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at California Employment Development Department (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very Critical in process, includes written and oral examinations. I was a bit nervous because unexpected the process way of the interview. Aside from the online examination you still have to undergo examination process in person.

Interview Questions

• Panel Interviews and Oral examination   1 Answer

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at California Employment Development Department (Anaheim, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a computer test using a script and to see how quick and detailed you are getting the right information from callers. Then there is a mock call exercise over the phone and they give you a script. One the answer is to throw you off by refusing to provide a social security number. You just have to explain to the caller you need the information in order to process their claim. The last part of the interview is the traditional oral interview. The office atmosphere was laid back but don’t let that fool you still keep your demeanor professional during the interview and even when you are in a waiting room for the next process keep everything professional you never know who is watching.

Interview Questions

• What research I did for the position. I didn't want to mentioned I got the information at Glassdoor, I didn't know if they would frown upon that.   Answer Question

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at California Employment Development Department (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

At the beginning of the interview I was assisted by a proctor that brought me inside a desk area that had a computer, a phone, a pen, and a notepad. I was given 10 minutes to answer 15 multiple choice questions. Another 10 minutes to go over a script and role play on the telephone with a branch manager. Another 20 minutes to write a 1 page essay on a agree or disagree scenario. After that was completed I met with a panel of three managers in a conference room and began the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• I found the unexpected telephone call to be difficult for me because I was not prepared for it. I was nervous to be tested on my telephone conversation skills.   Answer Question

CalVet Representative Interview

Interview

Phone and face to face interviews

Employment Program Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview

Answer questions on test on state website, wait for job interest form in the mail, send in state application to the office where you'd like to work, wait for interview. Interview is super simple, answer standard questions, write 1 page essay.

Negotiation

no negotiation