California Employment Development Department

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Disability Insurance Program Representative Interview

Disability Insurance Program Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview Details – Panel interview, includes small exam, Questions are based on experience. You will be asked alot of questions where you have to describe a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you priortize your duties

Interviewed at California Employment Development Department

Interview Details – Very lengthy and diverse 1 day process. Quick 10 minute basic math test, followed by a phone script that must be typed out with a manager. Then you read a scenario and have about 20 minutes to type out a response and decide whether the person qualifies for unemployment. Lastly is the face to face interview with two managers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at California Employment Development Department in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very Critical in process, includes written and oral examinations. I was a bit nervous because unexpected the process way of the interview. Aside from the online examination you still have to undergo examination process in person.

Interview Question – Panel Interviews and Oral examination   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at California Employment Development Department in March 2014.

Interview Details – At the beginning of the interview I was assisted by a proctor that brought me inside a desk area that had a computer, a phone, a pen, and a notepad. I was given 10 minutes to answer 15 multiple choice questions. Another 10 minutes to go over a script and role play on the telephone with a branch manager. Another 20 minutes to write a 1 page essay on a agree or disagree scenario. After that was completed I met with a panel of three managers in a conference room and began the face to face interview.

Interview Question – I found the unexpected telephone call to be difficult for me because I was not prepared for it. I was nervous to be tested on my telephone conversation skills.   Answer Question

CalVet Representative Interview

CalVet Representative

Interviewed at California Employment Development Department

Interview Details – Phone and face to face interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Employment Program Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview Details – Answer questions on test on state website, wait for job interest form in the mail, send in state application to the office where you'd like to work, wait for interview. Interview is super simple, answer standard questions, write 1 page essay.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Employment Development Department in March 2013.

Interview Details – The first thing I did was take a test in order to determine my standing on a list for interview. The test is basically just a skills inventory. The test is accessed on the "Bulletin" section of the job posting at jobs.ca.gov. Then I sent out a number of applications based on the "vacancies" available on the website. One office called me in for interview roughly a week after the closing date of that job posting. I was given a panel interview. They had the interview questions written on pieces of paper and they also asked me those same questions. There were three questions; some of them were fairly straight forward. My sense of humor ended up being an important factor in selection because not only were they looking for someone that could perform the job, they wanted someone who would fit in with company culture. There was no second interview, they called me the next week and made an offer.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a customer that spoke a language you didn't understand   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited. You start out with a base salary and there is no room for negotiation from what I uderstood.

Tax Auditor Interview

Tax Auditor

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview Details – Received a voice message from the manager. Returned the call and spoke to one of the supervisors. Set-up an appointment for the following week. There was only one interview and they asked 5-6 situation based questions.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly standard. What do you know about the Employment Development Department? Describe a situation where you've had a deal with a disagreement.   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Accountant I
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at California Employment Development Department in October 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview. 6 behavioral questions. A written exercise in 15 mins.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All traditional questions.   Answer Question

Tax Auditor Interview

Tax Auditor
Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at California Employment Development Department.

Interview Details – Had a written exam consisting of an essay, simple math questions and fairly simple accounting questions. Two weeks later was invited for an oral interview. Panel of 4 people with 10 questions and 30 minutes to answer. Unusual interview as panelists write down your answers as you speak. Very little feedback throughout the interview as they are writing down answers. Had a chance to ask some questions afterwards.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to convince someone that your findings were correct and what steps did you use   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Employment Development Department

Worked for California Employment Development Department? Contribute to the Community!