California Endowment Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Endowment

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at California Endowment (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call and was able to schedule an interview fairly quickly. Came it, thought it went well. Waited a month and never heard back. The interview was straightforward and basic. Was informed the job is very tedious, and that was a bit of a turn off, but I was still interested.

Interview Questions

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at California Endowment (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

There was immediate response to application and thorough communication on the status of the position. Interview was casual, informative, friendly. I was strongly advised that any inconsistencies found on resume and application with background checks would immediately disqualify me, which is normal, and I didn't have any. But just saying, don't even think about it! Second interview was setup immediately. Different interviewing style, more informative. Both interviews expressed their primary concern being personality and work ethic fit over qualifications, skills, and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your response timing in terms of getting back to requests and phone calls from other people?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Endowment in January 2009.

Interview

The process is inconsistent. While most place are focused on allowing the hiring department to determine whether candidates possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other attributes to be successful, TCE's process is based on personal connection. The process is neither focused on allowing you the ability to determine whether TCE offers the opportunities, facilities, colleagues, and other attributes necessary for their successful employment; nor, is it focused on having an effective interview process and to enhance the quality of the overall hiring process.

Negotiation

TCE is very rigid when it comes to negotiations . . . it used a staid formula that's loose based on market . . .