California Franchise Tax Board Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Franchise Tax Board

Tax Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board.

Interviewed with a panel of two on school campus for the first round; lasted about 30 minutes. Very little eye contact from the interviewers. They're taking notes as you're talking to them. Questions asked for first round were mainly behavioral-based. Didn't make it to the next round for lack of relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to deal with an irate individual.   Answer Question

Tax Auditor Interview

I applied through campus recruitment (school career center portal).
    After some calls to provide further application materials, I was called for an interview.
    The interview was with 2 supervisors and was very straightforward.
    I did not receive any call back.

Interview Questions
    • There is a question about a claim for a loss on a new business purchased.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board in March 2014.

I know about the job from my college career fair, and apply on FTC site. I hear about them from college career fair. They were very professional and nice. After I apply I heard from them within 2 week for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very straight forward, but I didn't find any question to be unexpected.   View Answer

Field Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board in March 2014.

During the interview, I was given a binder. The binder had 5 questions. The Interviewer read the questions and I would follow by answering the question. Be prepare to do the most of the talking. The interviewer kept writing and looking down on their paper. Later, We were given 30 minutes to write an essay so they can assess you level of writing.

Interview Questions
    • Was not too difficult. Most questions were behavioral and 1 was techinal.   Answer Question

Systems Software Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board in December 2013.

Interview process was very professional, technical and done at comfortable pace. First interview was with the hiring team and second interview with senior management. I had few State interviews but was positively impressed with FTB. Great people !!!!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly expect technical questions for the intended job function. They are experts in the field and some worked there for more than 15 years. The second interview is more behavioral so do your homework and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Was offered different job at higher level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board.

Extremely thorough and professional. Met with representative twice. The last was panel of 5 or 6 people. Also took a couple of written tests. I felt that the process was very fair. That they were hiring on abilities not age, gender or any other biased reason.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Applied through campus. FIrst interview involved 2 person panel who asked you to answer 5 questions from a binder placed in front of you. QUestions were standard and should be easy if you prepared or did mock interviews (example was what is your weakness?). After questions you are taken to a seperate room to write a timed essay.

Was called back for second interview in downtown LA. This was much more nerve-wrecking for me as I was sat in front of a panel of 5 hiring managers. Only 2 questions were placed in front of me to answer this time, after that it became very informal and consisted of them trying to get to know my personality and to see if I'd be a right fit.

Associate Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board in April 2013.

The job interview included 2 interviewers. The interview itself was pretty dry and straight forward, no nonsensical or strange interview questions. The questions were behavioral questions that mostly asked for you to describe situations and give your solutions, etc. The interview went quickly, about 15-20 minutes with most of the time spent on the interviewers writing down your answers on a form to be sent to the higher ups.

Interview Questions
    • None that I remember. Most of the questions were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Tax Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board.

It was a while ago, mostly behavioral question. Be prepared to talk while the interviewers jot down what you say on a piece of paper.

Tax Auditor A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California Franchise Tax Board in April 2012.

I was interviewed with them on April 19, 2012. 2 people interviewed me. They had about 5-6 situational/personality based questions. The rest of the time I was just talking about my background, education and my experience. I asked couple of questions about the position. They clearly explained the jobs requirements and travel requirements. This job requires traveling to their head office Sacramento, CA for initial training and then on travel within or outside the city/state depending on the Audits.
    The interviewers made me feel really comfortable and were funny. I heard back from them on May 1, 2012 and accepted the offer.
    There were no technical questions.
    There were about 5-6 positions open and 30 people interviewed.