California ISO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Rotation Interview

Corporate Rotation
Folsom, CA

I applied online - interviewed at California ISO in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is rather straightforward. If your application or resume interests them, the HR department will contact you for a Skype interview for the first round to get to know you more as an applicant. No technical questions in the first round.

Interview Question – How would you translate your experiences indicated on your resume to the workplace at the ISO?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at California ISO in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and spoke with a recruiter at my colleges job fair. I was presented with an interview opportunity within the following three weeks. My interview was in person on site and was very conversational and casual. None of the questions were pressing, and it was a relaxed atmosphere. The next day I received an offer from someone in HR.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult, my interviewer used her own questions rather than ones provided by the company.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California ISO in March 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview, asked about coursework and previous experience, experience with power system software a plus, data handling software will be handy, encouraging during the interview

Interview Question – Didnt like skype interview as there was glitch, what are the things u dont like about you and how do you plan to change it? Some technical questions regarding your projects   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was my dream company. Competitive salaries and great job description

Manager Interview

Manager
Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at California ISO in July 2009.

Interview Details – Straight forward. Usually a phone interview followed up by panel then group interviews.

Negotiation Details – Short negotiations due to the lack of alternatives in the benefits package

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at California ISO.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview with a hiring manager; there were no unexpected questions, mostly they were behavioral or resume-related. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and I followed up with a thank-you note. About a week after the interview I was contact and extended an offer.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   View Answer

Folsom, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at California ISO in March 2011.

Interview Details – After a screening phone interview with HR, I had a Skype interview with one a manager. Both he and I agreed I was not a good fit for his department and we were both confused that the interview had even been set up. After our discussion he agreed to forward my resume to a more relevant department. It took about 2 weeks before HR finally tried to schedule another interview, by which time I had accepted an offer with a different company.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you worked in a group with a problematic member and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at California ISO in April 2011.

Interview Details – I contacted the HR through a friend of mine. Within 2 weeks, I got an email requesting schedule of an interview. Lovely people. Had a Skype interview with 2 Hiring Managers (1 of them I eventually worked with). Great experience. Awesome company and culture. They basically asked questions on my resume.

Interview Question – Resume based questions, past experiences   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California ISO in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed then hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Worked for California ISO? Contribute to the Community!