California Pacific Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, I didn't know anyone, so no networking. I got a call 2 days later from the department manager, interview was 4 days later, offered a job 2 days later. Loved the floor, seemed well organized.

Interview Question – How do I support or advocate for coworkers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in June 2010.

Interview Details – Following the job posting, I submitted my resume and cover lettger, was granted an interview the next day and received an offer the next day

Interview Question – Describe how you handled a conflict with a surpervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward and amicable

Anonymous Interview

I applied online and interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center.

Interview Details – Long time to get through HR. But interview process was easy.

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Volunteer Interview

Volunteer
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in May 2013.

Interview Details – There is a first come first serve basis on applying for an initial orientation. Once you schedule an orientation and attend it, you can pick which campus hospital you wish to interview at. At the California campus, there was only a one-on-one interview. I was asked basic questions just so that the recruiter can know who I am and see what my goals are.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult patient?   Answer Question

OP PT Coordinator Interview

OP PT Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in January 2014.

Interview Details – No interview as of yes. I'm only contracted.

Interview Question – No interview as of yes. I'm only contracted.   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Physical Therapist
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center.

Interview Details – 1 phone screen, 1 informational phone call and an in person interview with 2 managers & a PT. The process seemed unorganized - poor directions given, the support staff didn't know a PT department existed, the PT supervisor was difficult to get a hold of & response was slow.

Interview Question – The lack of behavioral questions was unexpected. All the questions were case based with specific, detailed questions on lab values, initial evals, and discharge recommendations (4-5 hypothetical case situations). The interview felt like they had a checklist of key buzzwords they wanted me to say - if I said the concept but didn't say the exact word, they kept awkwardly prompting. Several CA regulation specific questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The environment didn't seem supportive or focused on learning. It was hectic, chaotic & unaware employees. Gut feeling told me this was not a place that I'd enjoy working.

Circulatory Support Technician Interview

Circulatory Support Technician
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in October 2010.

Interview Details – Three people interviewed me.

Interview Question – A lot of girls work here, do you mind being outnumbered in this manner?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Patient Registration Interview

Patient Registration
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in July 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview then personal interview with manager and sujpervisor

Interview Question – how do you deal with difficult people   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward as they asked about experience and looked to see if I had done my homework on the company and the region. They were looking to see if I would fit into their culture which largely based on people who are looking to work hard and are self motivated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – was not able to negotiate.

Statistician Interview

Statistician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in April 2008.

Interview Details – First i had a phone interview and then was invited to a onsite interview. Both interviews went well, and were both based on technical and practical experience. Interviewer also assessed by inter personal skills, ability to communicate well.
Work culture is casual

Interview Questions

Worked for California Pacific Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!