California Pacific Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.8

Surgical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. They basically just asked me what were my strengths and weaknesses and I told them. It is very unfortunate for me that they let me go on such short notice without any warning. They also asked me what was my availability as far as shifts and times that I am free to work. I provided them with all of this information very accurately and I feel that they still pretty much did me wrong. They were not considerate of the fact that I am a first-time traveler and this is a very new experience for me. I don't think they cared about this at all. Not one bit...which lead leads me to the conclusion that I will never work for this hospital for future reference; even if I was offered a position. My overall experience was all bad.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, I didn't know anyone, so no networking. I got a call 2 days later from the department manager, interview was 4 days later, offered a job 2 days later. Loved the floor, seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

OP PT Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in January 2014.

Interview

No interview as of yes. I'm only contracted.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 informational phone call and an in person interview with 2 managers & a PT. The process seemed unorganized - poor directions given, the support staff didn't know a PT department existed, the PT supervisor was difficult to get a hold of & response was slow.

Interview Questions

• The lack of behavioral questions was unexpected. All the questions were case based with specific, detailed questions on lab values, initial evals, and discharge recommendations (4-5 hypothetical case situations). The interview felt like they had a checklist of key buzzwords they wanted me to say - if I said the concept but didn't say the exact word, they kept awkwardly prompting. Several CA regulation specific questions were also asked.   Answer Question

The environment didn't seem supportive or focused on learning. It was hectic, chaotic & unaware employees. Gut feeling told me this was not a place that I'd enjoy working.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There is a first come first serve basis on applying for an initial orientation. Once you schedule an orientation and attend it, you can pick which campus hospital you wish to interview at. At the California campus, there was only a one-on-one interview. I was asked basic questions just so that the recruiter can know who I am and see what my goals are.

Circulatory Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Three people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• A lot of girls work here, do you mind being outnumbered in this manner?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Following the job posting, I submitted my resume and cover lettger, was granted an interview the next day and received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a conflict with a surpervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward and amicable

Patient Registration Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

phone interview then personal interview with manager and sujpervisor

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in April 2008.

Interview

First i had a phone interview and then was invited to a onsite interview. Both interviews went well, and were both based on technical and practical experience. Interviewer also assessed by inter personal skills, ability to communicate well. Work culture is casual

Administration Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Pacific Medical Center in February 2008.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward as they asked about experience and looked to see if I had done my homework on the company and the region. They were looking to see if I would fit into their culture which largely based on people who are looking to work hard and are self motivated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.